Kaiser Willys jeep tubs?

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series, questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the post war jeep.®
Mantruck
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Kaiser Willys jeep tubs?

Post by Mantruck » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:47 pm

Just received a Kaiser Willys catalog and it states the Jeep bodies are “Licensed Mopar Product” and there is a logo with “Authentic Restoration Product”
My questions if any of you know…
Are these made by MD Juan?
Has anyone used replacement tubs or repair panels from Kaiser Willys?

Thanks,
Warren

Rus Curtis
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Re: Kaiser Willys jeep tubs?

Post by Rus Curtis » Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:03 am

I don't have my finger on the reference (would take a while to find) that there was an issue with Mopar and these after market parts having the Willys stamp on them. Apparently, that got resolved and now you can find "licensed" in the description and we can get our body parts stamped.

MD Juan was the only supplier and recently many fitment issues were documented and fixed so that the kits were a closer match to the originals. Some issues remain, but many errors fixed.

There is a new supplier out of India supplying body parts: https://www.sgireengus.com/

Good reviews on them in forums from those that purchased. The KW catalog is a glossy masterpiece, but you'd have to ask KW directly where they get theirs from.

FWIW, other vendors carry MD Juan and some are adding the SGI kits to their inventory. It may help to shop around for prices.
Rus Curtis
'54 CJ-3B
T3-C

Mantruck
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: Kaiser Willys jeep tubs?

Post by Mantruck » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:05 pm

Thanks for responding!
I just placed an order for an SGI body from (due to possible litigation this name is blocked).
He is currently the only distributor for SGI. Looking at winter to get the kit.

Return to “CJ Technical Knowledge Base”