Military Turn Signals need info

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series, questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the post war jeep.®
42rocker
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Military Turn Signals need info

Post by 42rocker » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:51 am

Hi
Looking for info on Military Turn signals?? Like were used on the jeep in the pic on following thread

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=306922

Any help would be great. Or any other pictures of them in use would be out standing.

Thanks

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker
Owner of "The Swiss Miss"

Rus Curtis
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Re: Military Turn Signals need info

Post by Rus Curtis » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:51 am

42rocker,
I had a difficult time finding a reference to turn signals from the link you provided. That thread did have a link (at the bottom) back to the CJ3B Page on Swiss jeeps. There was one jeep there that was fitted with a chrome turn signal switch (this was the only one I could find) that stood out like a sore thumb.

https://cj3b.info/Military/Daenzer.html

Is this the turn signal you're asking about?

I don't really have much depth on military vehicles but have assumed most things attached matched the OD shade of the vehicle. Chrome (with a red tip on the handle) seems a bit loud. Could this have been added to allow the jeep to be driven on modern roads?

A search for "vintage turn signals" gives many options.
Rus Curtis
'54 CJ-3B
T3-C

42rocker
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by 42rocker » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:30 am

Rus
Thank You for your input and searching. Yes, I did check that link before I started the thread.

Everyone
The thread that I linked to did not talk about Military Turn signals. It was just something that I saw in the pic of the jeep and wanted to know and learn more about. I also started a thread on the CJ2A forum and got more feedback there. I also cleared up my question and there is a little more info.

Guessing that I need to find a active or working link or email address to someone in Switzerland. Most of the links seem old and not working. If anyone has such a link or email address to someone I would be Thankful if they could share it.

Always trying to learn new things. A year ago I really knew nothing about jeep other than the basic, looks like a Military Jeep statement. Now sitting inside waiting for the world to somewhat get back to normal, I find myself with a little more time on my hands and wanting to learn things.
Link

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/topi ... tml#488750

Thanks for an help.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker

42rocker
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by 42rocker » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:39 am

update

Tom in RI
posted in my thread on the CJ3A forum.
""Semiphore turn signals. Or, Trafficators.""
A quick internet search showed a lot of info on them.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker

42rocker
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by 42rocker » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:16 pm

Update, Reviewed and checked out and now have both of them working on my jeep, "The Swiss Miss".
If you need info let me know. I'll be happy to share the little info that I know.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker

Return to “CJ Technical Knowledge Base”