condenser test w/a light

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series, questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the post war jeep.®
Steve Webb
G-General
G-General

Re: condenser test w/a light

Post by Steve Webb » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:39 pm

I am familiar with area. Started in electrical 40 years ago wiring house in Punta Gorda Isles. 2 lane up 41 back then. Yes Charley did a number on that area. We thought he was a hurricane until Irma went over our house last year so now we know. I remember working on a problem with a CB tower being fed from a house with no grounding and boy did that cause some crazy stuff to happen.
Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross

Wolfman
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: condenser test w/a light

Post by Wolfman » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:30 am

US 41. The 4 lane traffic jamb in motion !
I flew into Charlotte Co. Airport in 1994. The air port is east of 41, Windmill Village is west. Had to cross 41. It took a long time. This was 5 PM. Maybe just a bad time, but I would not swear to that. The other thing I recall, if you were driving down 41 and a car came up on a side road or street, you better make a hole. He/she was going to pull out. I was a lot happier when I was in the air looking down on that mess. 8)
Dad sold out and moved back to Indiana the year before the Hurricane hit. He said the area was over due for a big one. One of his better moves. Was not anything left in the aftermath.
Having your radio tower well grounded is a great idea. Lightning ! The antenna lead goes inside the house. No guarantee a good tower ground will keep lightning out, but it sure don't hurt !
I know. I am rambling. Got off the topic !
Mike Wolford
CJ-2A
VEP GPW
Comm./Inst. SEL
AOPA ( 44 yrs)
EAA ( 44 yrs)
4th Inf. Div. - 5th Inf. Div. - 2nd Armor Div. - CIB

Return to “CJ Technical Knowledge Base”