New Life Canvas saga

1945 - 196*, Willys CJ series, questions, discussions, regarding anything related to the post war jeep.®
Steve Webb
G-General
G-General

Re: New Life Canvas saga

Post by Steve Webb » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:35 am

That is good to hear. Military stuff is popular but CJ's just aren't for getting original canvas items. I sure would have given you a ring had I known.
Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross Psalm 55; 9-11

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:28 am

Man what a burnt-out re-run of a thread....if you took Joel's crowing over the product out of the thread you would have NOBODY giving New Life a five-star rating! Everyone else pretty much got sucked in with Joel's commendation about the product from NL and then couldn't even get a phone to answer a call message returned, or any correspondence in a timely fashion from NL.

Whenever someone tells you "It's worth the wait" ask them how long they would wait for delivery and what they would suggest if 1-2 years go by with no correspondence/phone calls/emails regarding the status of the order were received.

Personally if I was told they make the best canvas but you have to wait a year or longer for it, I would give no more than a 10% deposit so if I got to the point I was ready to drive the jeep I could just eat that as a "teaching moment" about customer service and order one elsewhere that could DELIVER it in a couple weeks or so and move on.

Just to be fair....has ANYONE actually talked to NL, made an order and received it within 3-6 months?

NL should go the way of the east coast vendor, "he-whose-name-shall-not-appear-on-G503" or our old friend Jaap did if only to protect the sheep from getting sheared after listening to Joel's glowing recommendations.
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

D Pizzoferrato
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by D Pizzoferrato » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:25 am

Jeff does outstanding work with a keen eye to the details. I always refer CJ canvas seekers to him. You won't be disappointed.
jpet wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:59 am

If you are looking for an early style CJ2A top and you can't get satisfaction from one of the regular vendors, I can make your top for you.

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/cj1- ... tml#183393
David Pizzoferrato
Pizzoferrato Ent./Weebee Webbing
Visit our Website! www.odcloth.com for your Canvas needs

Return to “CJ Technical Knowledge Base”