M416 Value

Quarter-ton trailer series, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES., and Knowledge Base
DogDoc
Sergeant Major of the Gee

M416 Value

Post by DogDoc » Wed May 03, 2023 10:51 am

It seems that M416’s are going through some tough times lately as far as price. The last couple I’ve seen were reduced a couple of times. The market for overland Jeep trailers, on the other hand, seems to be pretty good. I’m always for original. I acquired one for a “horse trade” kind of literally. I need to replace the floor and tires. Otherwise it is pretty nice.

My question is, is there still a pretty good market? I have no use for it as a military trailer. My friends would make fun if I pulled it behind my GPW. I bought a T3C to make a camp trailer but it needs a lot to get there. I realize it’s my trailer and my choice. Just curious thoughts.

Thanks,
Jay
43 GPW 110748
52 M38
44 Bantam T3
45 GPW 277391

Rustman
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Re: M416 Value

Post by Rustman » Mon May 08, 2023 8:19 am

Look at my other threads here for what I felt was an excellent restoration candidate. Floor was solid, some rust was on the tops of the bed sides from a plastic tarp laying against it. All it really needed was sanding and paint. I was including original canvas cover and a gallon of proper paint. After half a year I finally took $900 for it from someone who wanted to restore it. My only other interest were from Overlanders, including one who looked at the pictures and declined because he felt it was too original to molest into a camping trailer.

My trailer was located in Charles Town, West Virginia only about 60 miles from Washington, DC. The nearest person who was interested and eventually bought the trailer was in Ohio, 300 miles away. The other interest came from North Carolina and New York. Nobody closer. I advertised it on Facebook both locally and on the relevant Military Vehicle and 416 Facebook groups, MVPA group and on here.

So anyway, there's some insight into the market.

Matt
1970 Kaiser Jeep DJ-5A Left Hand Drive
1945 Corps of Engineers Welder & Trailer
1943 G518 "Ben Hur" Trailer Steel Body
194* G518 "Ben Hur" Trailer Composite Body
http://g518parts.com/

DogDoc

Re: M416 Value

Post by DogDoc » Mon May 08, 2023 11:00 am

Rustman wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 8:19 am
Look at my other threads here for what I felt was an excellent restoration candidate. Floor was solid, some rust was on the tops of the bed sides from a plastic tarp laying against it. All it really needed was sanding and paint. I was including original canvas cover and a gallon of proper paint. After half a year I finally took $900 for it from someone who wanted to restore it. My only other interest were from Overlanders, including one who looked at the pictures and declined because he felt it was too original to molest into a camping trailer.

My trailer was located in Charles Town, West Virginia only about 60 miles from Washington, DC. The nearest person who was interested and eventually bought the trailer was in Ohio, 300 miles away. The other interest came from North Carolina and New York. Nobody closer. I advertised it on Facebook both locally and on the relevant Military Vehicle and 416 Facebook groups, MVPA group and on here.

So anyway, there's some insight into the market.

Matt
That is about what I was expecting. It's kind of sad to see the market that way. It's just not in my wheelhouse. Thanks for the reply.

Jay
43 GPW 110748
52 M38
44 Bantam T3
45 GPW 277391

Return to “Trailers 1/4 ton”