Trailer Dolly

Quarter-ton trailer series, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES., and Knowledge Base
Steve Webb
G-General
G-General

Trailer Dolly

Post by Steve Webb » Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:40 pm

With 2 trailers now, moving them can be a pain. My BT3-c is right at my limit and with the box on tongue not easy. I made a trailer dolly from scrap stuff and spent about 20 bucks for some angle I welded to make a "box" to fit inside so I can adjust height. About 3" difference from the civvy and K-38. Just a ball on the plate and drilled holes for the inside to move and a locking pin holding it. It is effortless for both trailers and I can leave the landing legs down until I get them on my truck ball then swing them up.

Ugly but works 8)

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross Psalm 55; 9-11

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Re: Trailer Dolly

Post by Bill H. » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:09 pm

Nice! Simple and effective!
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

2 Timothy 3:1-5

GPW1263
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: Trailer Dolly

Post by GPW1263 » Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:58 am

I also made my own trailer dolly out of scrap. They are really a nice piece of kit to have around and they do a great deal to save one's back.

One particularly advantageous part of the design is to ensure the thing is assembled with a ball height close to that of your trailer's usual towing vehicle.

What that does is set your trailer tongue height so that there is very little lifting to be done (if any) when it's time to hook everything up. Just wheel your trailer's tongue up alongside the hitch and simply move it from the dolly to the hitch.

The commercial trailer dollies have a sort of landing leg that allows them to rest with the handle at the ready. I felt that left the dolly using up too much space while it was out of use so I built mine without and I just stand it up on end when it's not being used.

Cheers,
GPW1263

Return to “Trailers 1/4 ton”