RE: Wanted: Fill Cap for M416A1 Master Cylinder

Quarter-ton trailer series, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES., and Knowledge Base
muttguru
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

RE: Wanted: Fill Cap for M416A1 Master Cylinder

Post by muttguru » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:27 pm

RE: Wanted : Fill Cap for M416A1 Master Cylinder

Wanted. A replacement master cylinder filler cap/plug for an M416A1 trailer (this is the trailer with the hydraulic over-ride brake system).

At the weekend I decided it was time to check the brake fluid level even though the trailer hasn't been used for two years. Unfortunately, the cap is aluminum and it had reacted with the threaded casting. Despite a good soaking in penetrating fluid and gentle heating, it took a hammer and chisel to eventually unscrew the cap.
There are two types of cap...this one (pictured) and a replacement dome-shaped steel cap. Either will be fine as replacements.

The part numbers etc are:-
alloy cap - (old version) 2530-00-862-6822
steel cap (new version) 2530-01-131-7527

If you have either type for sale, please let me know.... if you know anyone who might have one, I'd appreciate any help.

PS although the original type looks identical to the mutt master cylinder cap, this one is bigger. The threaded area of the cap is one-and-a-half inch in diameter.

Thanks
Ken
Contact address - muttguru@aol.com
Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Ron D
G-Major
G-Major

Re: RE: Wanted: Fill Cap for M416A1 Master Cylinder

Post by Ron D » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:22 pm

Just guessing --- if you can't find the real deal, but maybe it's NPT threads and a pipe plug of the correct size from your local hardware store would look pretty close to it?

Gasket for it might be there too.

Good luck!
Ron D
1951 M38
1951 M100

muttguru
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: RE: Wanted: Fill Cap for M416A1 Master Cylinder

Post by muttguru » Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:07 am

Ron D wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:22 pm
Just guessing --- if you can't find the real deal, but maybe it's NPT threads and a pipe plug of the correct size from your local hardware store would look pretty close to it?

Gasket for it might be there too.
Thanks Ron,
I've also been sent some other possible sources too. I'm pretty sure I can track one down now.

Ken
Contact address - muttguru@aol.com
Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Return to “Trailers 1/4 ton”