Another “what is it” and “what’s the value”?

Quarter-ton trailer series, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES., and Knowledge Base
garandshooter
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
Another “what is it” and “what’s the value”?

Post by garandshooter » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:10 pm

Not sure if this is allowed, but I figured it was a G503 accessory so worth a shot. I got this with a jeep I recently picked up, and I’m trying to figure out what exactly it is and a rough idea as to what it’s worth. Seller mentioned it was a WWII trailer but some think it’s an M100.

Jeepins
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: Another “what is it” and “what’s the value”?

Post by Jeepins » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:01 am

As modified and rough as that is it doesn't matter anymore what it started out as and definitely shouldn't affect the price in my opinion. If you're wanting to put in the work to repair the rot and get missing parts, i'd just offer a "get it gone" price. Personally i'd pay more for one in better shape but all depends on your plans for it.
Jeepins
1967 M416

Walter
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by Walter » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:46 pm

Good Evening Grand Shooter:

I agree with Jeepins, if you are not interested in it, offering it at a get it gone price is something you should consider. On the other hand, if you were to think about keeping it, it would raise a couple of basic questions. First what type of jeep would you want use it with, and second for what purpose, a yard trailer, hauling brush etc, re-enacting, parades, show, etc? Answering those two will pretty well answer how you might want to fix it up. So long as the frame is sound, buying a replacement, reproduction tub and fenders is pretty straight forward and relatively painless as compared to patching up all the rust holes, time and skill wise. The real challenge will be in what you do with the hitch area. Again to what end are you going to use it.

Regards,

Walter

garandshooter
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by garandshooter » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:14 pm

All,

Thank you guys for the input. I ended up selling off the trailer as my work schedule just didn’t leave me with the time (or place) to restore it. I sold it to someone who will appreciate it.

Thanks again guys!

Return to “Trailers 1/4 ton”