Availability of repo tub body panels MBT/T3

Quarter-ton trailer series, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES., and Knowledge Base
signsup
banned

Availability of repo tub body panels MBT/T3

Post by signsup » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:00 am

I'm confused, but that's par for the course. Can someone lead me in the direction for a source of replacement tub or body panels for the trailers? I see old posts referencing MD juan panels or tubs, but can't find them at any vendor. I find them in Sweden, so someone is making them. I see old references to links to companies that are no longer available or in business.

Is there a US source for replacement individual panels or the entire tub?

I'll hang up and listen.
Robert Brough
Winston, GA
2018 MVPA Honor Service Award
President, GA MVPA

Jeff H
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: Availability of repo tub body panels MBT/T3

Post by Jeff H » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Rus Curtis
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Rus Curtis » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:59 am

There are several vendors offering panels/tubs. rfjp is one. Calling may be necessary to confirm they have what you need in stock (or find out it's back ordered).

AFAIK, there is only one source. MD Juan from the Philippines. All the vendors get their body parts from there. Classic Enterprise offers some panels but not for trailers. I haven't seen anything indicating another supplier.

The one thing I can offer is there was a push to update and correct fitment issues a few years back as Rommel made the rounds and met with a bunch of owners at some of the jeep gatherings/reunions. A few issues were addressed and updated.

I'm not sure if anything recently has been done but still read that issues of fitment continue. That being said, something is better than nothing.
Rus Curtis
'54 CJ-3B
T3-C

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Post by Chuck Lutz » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 am

As Rus said, Rommel came around and found that the "New" repop tubs were LONGER than the original. I think that was at the Portland MVPA Conv back in 2009. They fixed that problem but there were a number of that version that had been shipped out already. It would depend on how many of those went through your MDJ supplier before the 2nd generation with a correct length tub was in supply...and when you bought one.

Again....if you think there are any/some/many repop parts that are perfect in form and function you are in for many rude surprises when restoring a jeep?
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

Return to “Trailers 1/4 ton”