Att: Chuck Lutz Need trailer info

Quarter-ton trailer series, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES., and Knowledge Base
Al Rains
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Att: Chuck Lutz Need trailer info

Post by Al Rains » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:24 am

Chuck, I recently bought a trailer that was restored some years back. 1) It has no Data Plate 2) the PO had painted aa approximate USA # of 0229487 on the rear 3)the ACM # is 44631 Note there is no B or W present anywhere around this number 4) the upper shock mount uses a cotter pin and is bolted to the frame 5) the lower shock mount uses a cotter pin also 6)The axle has a cast center section 7) the springs are 10 leaf and are flat on both sides, but have the arch in the center length as you would expect. The spring clip closures are on top of the springs 8) Tail lights and reflectors were replaced by the PO, but use a slotted screw for attachment with the screw head being inside the trailer body. No evidence of lead washers 9)The tail light mounting brackets are bolted to the body 10) Some #s are present on the drawbar and on the front of the frame facing upward and are approx. 1/4" in height. The #s on the drawbar are 138 and on the front of the frame are 51 138 11) Head markings on some of the bolts include A, AA, M, RBW, or they have no markings at all. All bolts that I removed were NF threads. The pintle shaft has the following cast into it 6370 W04B with a sideways W after the letter B. Could you provide an approximate Serial # , Manufacturer, DoD, and a USA # if the painted one is not appropriate. I can supply pictures of my findings to your email address if needed. Many thanks, Al
vetteman

Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Re: Att: Chuck Lutz Need trailer info

Post by Chuck Lutz » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:28 am

Hi Al....

This one is in the middle of a gap for my data base so I will give you an estimate based on the ACM and USA you provided, but....I would like to see the ACM and the USA in pics if you can send them. Also send me your city/state info. If you don't mind my asking, who did you buy it from as I want to ascertain if the estimate for the USA number was given my myself....

Send to my email by clicking on the icon in below my signature to the RIGHT in my posts.

So...based on that info only,

Willys MBT
Serial Number...……...27789 (est.)
DOD...……………………...May 1943
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

Al Rains

Re: Att: Chuck Lutz Need trailer info

Post by Al Rains » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:13 pm

Thanks Chuck, just sent the pictures you requested. If you don't receive them let me know Al
vetteman

Yiannis13
G-Private
G-Private

Cherches Blue Drab pour trois 1/4 ton trailer.

Post by Yiannis13 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:09 am

Bonjour à tous.

Je voudrais tout d'abord remercier les administrateurs pour l'adhésion au forum!
Je me présente, Yiannis, je suis français. Je possède une Jeep Willys ainsi que 2 remorques 1/4 ton.
Je suis tout nouveau, c'est la première fois que je publie dans un forum lol donc désolé si je m'y prend mal...

Je cherches des informations pour pouvoir faire mes marquages blue drab sur 3 remorques que j'ai en ma possession.
Les 3 remorques possèdent leurs plaques et leurs numéros sous gousset.

Alors :
La première : Bantam fini de restaurer.
☆ Data plate :
• 11-10-1944
☆ Numéro sous gousset :

La seconde : Gemco fini de restaurer qui appartient a un ami.
☆ Data plate :
• 8 - 45
☆ Numéro sous gousset :
☆ Numéro visible sur le bras :
• ☆0843☆

La troisième : Willys en cours de restauration.
☆ Data plate :
• 2 - - 44
☆ Numéro sous gousset :

Voilà toutes les informations que j'ai.
Merci beaucoup pour votre aide !
Nous avions acheté plusieurs pots de blue drab à Dixon&Co pour les marquages.

Je vous remercie !

Yiannis.

Return to “Trailers 1/4 ton”