AUSTRALIAN Jeep Trailer REGISTER and database. PLEASE READ.

Quarter-ton trailer series, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES., and Knowledge Base
Ian Fawbert
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

AUSTRALIAN Jeep Trailer REGISTER and database. PLEASE READ.

Post by Ian Fawbert » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:42 pm

Hi All,

During WW2, a variety of Australian manufacturers (automobile and not) produced trailers for the military. These were all locally designed and as the designs progressed, the pattern followed that more of the US 1/4 ton trailer- MBT/T3 etc. Some of these trailers survive, but what model, where, condition and how many is ANYONES guess.

I, along with another collector decided to start a trailer register and database of Australian jeep trailers- mainly to record data and survival of those trailers which were produced in limited numbers in Australia during WW2, but also any overseas variants which reside here and were used by the Australian Military.

Chuck Lutz maintains a register of the USA produced trailer so for members in the rest of the world with USA trailers, there is no need to complete this survey. The aim of this register is to make something similar to Chucks list for Australian produced or used trailers for everyone to easily access to complete and read (I did it this way as it means i do not need to continually update the register with data and it is accessible anywhere).

I have set up a 'google documents' survey which is then linked to an online database. By filling in the survey, data is then recorded on the online database for all to see. The survey is voluntary and you can contribute as little or as much information as you like.

I HAVE ONE RULE THOUGH: ONLY CONTRIBUTE INFORMATION FOR TRAILERS YOU OWN OR WHEN YOU HAVE PERMISSION FROM THE OWNER TO SUPPLY THEIR INFORMATION. PLEASE DO NOT PUT SOMEONE ELSES PERSONAL INFO IF THEY DO NOT WANT IT PUT. I would hate to have this spoilt by annoying people who do not want to participate.

So, for those of us with WW2 jeep trailers IN AUSTRALIA, or who own an AUSTRALIAN jeep trailer, please feel free to fill in the survey and contirbute.

The survey is running through the following website. Follow the links and you will see what has been done and you can do. Please pass on the link of the following website or the direct link to the survey to all those who you know with jeep trailers in Australia as only through word of mouth will this get out there and will it be as successful as i think it can be.

http://www.vintageengines.net/page12.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers and thankyou. If there are any questions or suggestions, please contact me!

Ian.

MODERATORS- CAN THIS PLEASE BE MADE A STICKY. Thanks, Ian.
Last edited by Ian Fawbert on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Australian Jeep Investigator
MB: 131175
GPW: 11730.
GPW: 225290.
Aust trailer: GMH 3- #211
http://www.vintageengines.net

Ian Fawbert
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Ian Fawbert » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:20 pm

Thankyou very much for making this a sticky!

Hopefully this will give it the permanent exposure it needs to get peoples attention and the information recorded!

Cheers,
Ian.
Australian Jeep Investigator
MB: 131175
GPW: 11730.
GPW: 225290.
Aust trailer: GMH 3- #211
http://www.vintageengines.net

safetx
G-Private
G-Private
Re: AUSTRALIAN Jeep Trailer REGISTER and database. PLEASE RE

Post by safetx » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:25 pm

Hi Ian
I have a N04 trailer and I am after the "filler" for the lunette. If anyone would have a drawing that I could get a copy of, that would be great.
Regards
Les
No4 GMH Arn 152651

Jeff Gordon
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: AUSTRALIAN Jeep Trailer REGISTER and database. PLEASE RE

Post by Jeff Gordon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:24 am

Hi les,
I have one that I could take a few photos and measurements.
They are cast two piece with a bult through it.
Cheers
Jeff
1942 script GPW
1942 WLA
1941 BSA WM20
1945 Wiles Cooker junior
type 2, 3 & 4 Aussie trailers
WC 21 Dodge

Return to “Trailers 1/4 ton”