What should I know before buying a Mighty Mite?

1959 - 1962, Mighty Mite, M422, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE, and Knowledge Base
tud46575
G-Civilian

What should I know before buying a Mighty Mite?

Post by tud46575 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:41 am

I am interested in buying a Mighty Mite, but have no idea what to look out for or what "the cost of ownership" would be. What should I know before I buy one? and what should I expect to spend if I buy one?

Really appreciate any advice!

Mike

Radar4xfour
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: What should I know before buying a Mighty Mite?

Post by Radar4xfour » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:22 am

Hi Mike, thanks for posting!

Great and honest questions for a potential new Mighty Mite owner. This is my take, I'm hopeful others will post with their suggestions:
"What to look out for or what is the cost of ownership": All depends what you want to spend and what is your level of comfort / skill level working on vehicle. Project Mighty Mites can be had for low cost, at times I've seen them in the 1K range. Complete running and driving machines will be in the 8K+ range. Just because a Mighty Mite runs and drives doesn't mean it runs and drives correctly and doesn't need work.

Reviewing the many postings on this section of G503 will give you a great overview of the Mighty Mite machine, the solutions to repairs and occasionally for sale ads for machines.

If it is still available there is one excellent COMPLETE project vehicle available from someone who has posted here many times and who has also designed and manufactured replacement parts for the Mighty Mite. http://m422a1.com/Mites%20for%20sale.html Be sure to look around his site to find additional information regarding the Mighty Mite.

Regards,

Radar

Return to “M422 Mighty Mite”