Transmission Adapter Drill Template - free

1959 - 1962, Mighty Mite, M422, Wanted, USED PARTS FOR SALE, and Knowledge Base
mspeters
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Transmission Adapter Drill Template - free

Post by mspeters » Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:38 pm

Free to the next brave person who wants to adapt a Suzuki Sidekick/Geo Tracker 1.6L bellhousing to a Mite transmission……for cost of shipping. These compact & quiet engines are a viable choice to repower Mites with no engines. The package is lighter than the Mite motor with added power & RPM range.

Used this template to successfully mate a Suzuki 1.6L 8-valve (Geo Tracker & Geo Metro) to the Mite transmission. This would also work for the later 16-valve Suzuki 1.6L injected engines. It provides a center reference for the input shaft retainer flange O.D. A simple adapter plate will suffice. I used a 3/4” thick steel plate and shortened the input shaft to allow more room for a radiator & fan, while keeping the stock transmission crossmember location. A Triumph GT6/MGA clutch disc matches the Suzuki flywheel O.D. with 1.0” 10-splines for the Mite transmission. I did have the center bore done in two steps, with a dial indicator used to determine final bore x-y offset on a friend’s CNC.

The template is a sandwich of the Suzuki “Ring-r” adapter and another (AISIN transmission format) Novak adapter the that provides the input shaft reference. Drill & tap several 8x1.25mm holes. I recall 2 holes could not be used as they were adjacent to the stock Mite transmission brackets.

Return to “M422 Mighty Mite”