Type 10A, Type 11, 12C, 12E ??????

This forum is meant to cover General Military History, Vehicle & Unit Marking, Serial Numbering, Identification, Gee Members, Military Unit Identification, Veteran Information, Parts ID, Data Plate Marking, Passing’s, Reunions, Information Tracking & Research that otherwise might get lost in the forums meant for more specific topics.
ArmySailor
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Type 10A, Type 11, 12C, 12E ??????

Post by ArmySailor » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:27 am

Doing some research on IH Scouts built for military service around 1970. These are non-tactical vehicles of course but I see reference to orders by type.

The ones I see are 10A, 11, 12C, 12 E. These are for a US Army order. What do these types numbers represent? I have the build sheets for some f the vehicles but so far, I cannot tell a difference between a "10A or a !2C vehicle via the build configuration... but I am not done blinding myself looking at these documents yet.

In the case of the type 11, there is a preceeding number "MIL-T-4530J" That "J" is partly illegible so it might be something else... but looks like "J"

I also see them referred to a "Item" e.g. "ITEM 10A" and with some you see"12C 7 vehicles" in a couple of cases they list the Reg numbers, e.g. "12E, 1 vehicle, 01M 71970"

Any help deciphering is appreciated.
Jim Allen

Keeping the Good 'Ol Days of Four Wheeling Alive

Return to “Unit & Vehicle Markings, General Military History, Unit-Battalion-Division Information”