FAV issues: circuit diagram needed; windshield questions; rear engine protection bracket.....

Technical Knowledge Base, Discussions, For Sale (No Ebay, Craigslist or Auction Type listings) of ATVs, CATVs, Fast Attack Vehicles, Light Attack Vehicles etc in Military Use. This would include, but not limited to the Chenowth FAV, M Gator, MRZR and similar type specialty light weight vehicles.
DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

FAV issues: circuit diagram needed; windshield questions; rear engine protection bracket.....

Post by DDTrustee » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:02 pm

Staghound is just about out the door, so I am getting excited and moving toward the FAV project (two of them – one w/ baskets, one without: four serial numbers apart WITH Nevada Test Site DOE stickers on the inside frame.)
Anyway: Item 1: My circuit diagram is really crummy – I cannot read about ½ of the M-Series wring numbers and if I had a good diagram, it would make the process of making the harnesses up from M151A2 front and rear harnesses a breeze. But I cannot READ THE M-SERIES CIRCUIT NUMBERS!!!! Do not want to miswire and let the smoke out of something. Some of the items are heard to find so smoking one is not a good option for wiring tests. Anyone have a scan of a good first-generation wiring diagram????
No. 2 – anyone given any thought to using Lexan instead of Plexiglas for the windshield? My plexiglas is pretty well scratched up, but I could use it for a decent pattern for a Lexan window!!!! Anyone done that? Cost?
No. 3. I am missing one rear engine protector, the one that is clamped to the rear chassis behind the engine muffler with radiator hose clamps? I will have one made by a fabricator here if one is not available – so I’m asking!!! And, if anyone else needs one – let me know and I’ll get a price for multiples – one-offs are expensive but two or three of a things like that can be dupped for a lot less.
Also looking for the big chart of M-Series Circuit numbers like on a 16X32 poster. I had one in the shop, but some ‘liberated’ it or???? Don’t’ even know – Just know I cannot find it on the wall where it used to live in my office. I have the circuit list -would like to find one of the posters.
Daninnm
Fyv-05 tew-69 205syx
reenacting and WWII history

Return to “Military ATVs, FATVs, LTATVs”