I found a deset patrol vehicle!

Technical Knowledge Base, Discussions, For Sale (No Ebay, Craigslist or Auction Type listings) of ATVs, CATVs, Fast Attack Vehicles, Light Attack Vehicles etc in Military Use. This would include, but not limited to the Chenowth FAV, M Gator, MRZR and similar type specialty light weight vehicles.
oseveno
G-Civilian
I found a deset patrol vehicle!

Post by oseveno » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I was working at a client's house, we got to talking, and he told me he has a scorpion desert patrol vehicle. After much convincing, he was willing to sell it to me. I'm I California and it has not been stickered. It has no numbers on the frame or the motor. What do I do with this thing? If I take it to the CHP, will they think it is stolen? is there a way to check? Can I sell it if I want to?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nate

Maddogz
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: I found a deset patrol vehicle!

Post by Maddogz » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:30 pm

Any pics?

mdainsd
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: I found a deset patrol vehicle!

Post by mdainsd » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:51 am

Do not go to the DMV, that is a study in futility. Go to a registration service. Tell them the facts. You will need a bill of sale, and preferably a "statement of facts" filled out by the guy you are buying it from. In it he documents or states, how he came to own the vehicle.
Part of the process will be a trip to the CHP with the paperwork generated by the registration service. The CHP will inspect and and ask to see the bill of sale. Next they will affix the blue CA ID number. Then you complete your registration and get a sticker.

This method has always worked for me. Doing a Mule through that process right now.
52 M38 2X, '52 M37, '44 WC51, '42 WC 56/57, '50 CJ-V35(U), '42 GPW, '44 M3A1 Scout Car, 2010 M-Gator

Return to “Military ATVs, FATVs, LTATVs”