speedo question for the Chenowth FAV

Technical Knowledge Base, Discussions, For Sale (No Ebay, Craigslist or Auction Type listings) of ATVs, CATVs, Fast Attack Vehicles, Light Attack Vehicles etc in Military Use. This would include, but not limited to the Chenowth FAV, M Gator, MRZR and similar type specialty light weight vehicles.
DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

speedo question for the Chenowth FAV

Post by DDTrustee » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:30 am

I found a speedo that is not calibrated in km/hr but does have the correct 0-85 mph so going to use that.....however, the speedo cable that was on the vehicle was cut off at the speedo end and was more than 130" long - cannot find one that long from a VW???? Custom made or what VW was the 3300mm (approx (130"+) used that one? Anyone use an electronic speedo (VDO 2 1/2" one on an FAV? If so How? which one? I'm considering that. I have one original speedo and missing the other one. Original speedo shows 2200 miles.
reenacting and WWII history

dcartledge
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: speedo question for the Chenowth FAV

Post by dcartledge » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:36 am

Dan - I found a cable on eBay that is 120 inches long bolted up to the trans ok but I had to adapt the speedometer end...cannot test it because the drive gear in my transmission must be stripped....trying to figure out replacing it.
D
45 MB,64 M151 Searchlight,66 M151A1,74 M151A2 Tow, 86 M1035

Return to “Military ATVs, FATVs, LTATVs”