WTK: Chenowth FAV seat questions

Technical Knowledge Base, Discussions, For Sale (No Ebay, Craigslist or Auction Type listings) of ATVs, CATVs, Fast Attack Vehicles, Light Attack Vehicles etc in Military Use. This would include, but not limited to the Chenowth FAV, M Gator, MRZR and similar type specialty light weight vehicles.
DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

WTK: Chenowth FAV seat questions

Post by DDTrustee » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:59 am

The seats in the FAVs I'm restoring were trash....the foam was disintegrated and the webbing turned to dust....from 20 years in the desert.
1. Anyone know of a upholstery shop that can repro the suspension webbing and seat configuration in the Chenowth - the seat frames are fine?
2. The Chenowth seats have bolts out the bottom of the frames; the new Mastercraft seats (what allegedly was originally used in the FAVs) have 4
tabs...think the Mastercraft Rubicon seat in all black with removable headrest is a reasonable replacements at $450 each?
3 Anyone have any other options? my frames are OK, snadblasted and repaired and primed for reupholstery - just no candidate store?
reenacting and WWII history

dcartledge
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: WTK: Chenowth FAV seat questions

Post by dcartledge » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:39 pm

Hi Dan,

I used the fiberglass portion of gamma goat seats..had to reinforce the curved parts, put my foam on there and upholstered with canvas…looks the part well enough for my purpose…
Dave
45 MB,64 M151 Searchlight,66 M151A1,74 M151A2 Tow, 86 M1035

Notrees
G-Civilian

Re: WTK: Chenowth FAV seat questions

Post by Notrees » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:03 pm

DDTrustee. My FAV had been converted to a remote control vehicle. As I was told the guns were operated remotely and the car could be driven remotely all with a camera. As I understand it, the seals would walk in behind it in urban areas. As a result it had one fiberglass seat on the drivers side and a simi-bullet proof control box on the passenger side. I think i still have the fiberglass seat and the four point hardness (but it is not in very good shape). You can have both if you want them. BTW, my FAV was converted to an automatic transmission to facilitate the remote control features. It is the only automatic I have ever seen. I also think I know where you can get seats and hardness if you need the originals. Feel free to reply to this. Kind regards, Notrees TX Hunter.

Return to “Military ATVs, FATVs, LTATVs”