M151A2 Project FS in Houston TX 77345

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2 jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Scott Hubbard
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

M151A2 Project FS in Houston TX 77345

Post by Scott Hubbard » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:11 am

M151A2 “Mutt” project For Sale

Time to let this project go to someone with more desire than I have.

I have a 1973 M151A2, complete but in disassembled condition (except for engine, transmission and differentials).
I drove it out of a farmer’s field and onto my trailer back in ~2005; it ran but was rough. I brought it home removed the ROPS kit and started tearing it down and gathering parts, as many NOS as I could find.

NOS windshield, grill, lights, brakelines, fuel lines wiring harnesses. I know there’s a lot more NOS parts but without pulling boxes I can’t say exactly. I have the original differentials and the later ‘quieter’ differentials. I replaced the bushings on all the control arms. Multiple spare Zenith carbs and kits (99% certain). New gauges.

The 4 rims are NOS and have NOS NDT rubber on them….but I would assume that rubber has expired and wouldn’t trust them. I bought a complete canvas set (Weebee or Beechwood; can’t recall) as well, but given age and humidity and potential rodent inhabitation I am assuming that was a waste of money. But maybe not. We’ll find out eventually.

I have boxes and boxes of NOS and spare parts. Correct USGI axes, jerry cans, tools, steering wheels (including two variants, one being super hard to find). I was pretty aggressive about getting parts when I could, presuming they would only get harder to find with time.

I have pretty much (as best I can tell) a complete set of TM’s for it.

At one time I had a local metalsmith working on the body. I spent quite a bit of money for his time to fill holes, straighten the metal and remove the problems created by the ROPS kit. I didn’t finish this part as he became unreliable and took some shortcuts around the gas tank floor area that displeased me. We can discuss that if you are interested.

There are two very important attributes of this vehicle that need to be appreciated.

One, it is uncut. As you probably know, most of these have been torch-cut in a giant “X” due to DOT regulations back in the 1970’s-‘80’s. This one escaped that. Long story. There was some repair work done on the front crossmember but the body is solid.

Two, it is legally titled in Texas. I went to a lot of trouble to get this titled so it could be street legal. I’m not sure you can even do this now. In any case I do have a title but it is not current; I stopped my annual registration years ago. I’m not sure what you would need to do to make it current in Texas or any other State, but unlike most of these, at least you would be starting with a clean, legit title.

I am located in a suburb of Houston Tx., 77345, about 7 miles east of I-69. I don’t have pictures; all the stuff is neatly stored in boxes and the body is on a home-made rotisserie in a shed with parts atop it. It’s just a lot of work to pull all that out for some pics that may not address your concerns. If you are seriously interested contact me and we can discuss.

No, I will not part it out or sell any spares.

Price? I really have no idea. If you have some datapoints and are interested then I welcome the input. In the meantime, I'll throw out $10k as a starting point.

Finally, I used to own a WC21, a 1942 GPW and a 37mm antitank gun. Over the years I sold them and the satisfied folks who bought them got a very fair deal with no drama or shenanigans. That's my promise and I hope to find a new home for this one in the same manner.

Scott
Scott in TEXAS
Former caretaker of a 1942 GPW
Currently own a 37mm M3 AT Gun - live
1973 M151A2 - someday I'll get to this

CombatJack
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Re: M151A2 Project FS in Houston TX 77345

Post by CombatJack » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:34 pm

PM sent

Sixpaws1968
G-Civilian

Post by Sixpaws1968 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:22 pm

Hello Scott,
Do you still have the M151 A2? If so, I would like to discuss the vehicle with you as I live in Midland, Texas and it might be in our best interests to try negotiate a deal on the MUTT. Please advise if the vehicle is still available and your preferred initial method of contact.
Best regards,
Gary Feist

nelwake
G-Private
G-Private

Post by nelwake » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:32 am

Is vehicle still available?

Rickf
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Rickf » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:49 am

The last time he was active on here was Feb.14 of this year. Not looking good for an answer.
Actually, looking at his profile that for sale post was his last post on this forum. No way to know if he answered on of those PM's
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Return to “M151's For Sale”