Goodyear 600x16 Tires are Rolling Again !!!!

Create a thread to track the progress of you MB/GPW restoration progress. Previously a General Discussion board.
70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Goodyear 600x16 Tires are Rolling Again !!!!

Post by 70th Division » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:22 am

Hello,

I just want to let everyone know, that the beautiful Goodyear 600-16 Jeep Tires are once again available !!

The wait is over , and hopefully so is the Chinavirus that has caused the global economic slowdown.

I ordered a set for my 45 Willys restoration project on March 15, 2022 from Jegs.
They arrived via FedEx on April 2, 2022.
I was told of a delay at the factory. Many tire vendors said June or July for availability.
I ordered the 5 Goodyears , my first, from Jegs with free shipping, direct from the factory.

Well they arrived today !!
😃😃😃😃😃😃😃
I paid $ 224.99 a piece , with free shipping .

Jegs has the lowest price, and I personally highly recommend them for Jeep tires.

I also ordered a while back a set of NDCC tires for my 1953 M38A1.
Those were Coker Firestones.
Again, the lowest price of anyone, and free shipping.

You can't beat that !!

I would post some pics but a giant thunderstorm is here, but I tossed the Tires under a trailer to keep them dry 😃😃.

Update:

Here are some pictures of the beautiful Goodyear tires for the Willys MB !
Resized_20220405_094311.jpeg
Resized_20220405_094236.jpeg
Resized_20220405_094342.jpeg
Resized_20220405_094335.jpeg
Resized_20220405_094338.jpeg
Resized_20220405_094331.jpeg
Keep'em Rolling with new Goodyears !!

We need to support the maker of these tires, made for our Jeep restorations !!

Best Regards,
Ray

ww2DAD
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Re: Goodyear 600x16 Tires are Rolling Again !!!!

Post by ww2DAD » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:33 pm

Ray,
It's great to see Goodyears are out again. I just read this post and wish I had found it earlier last year. I also want to thank you for the kind posts on the double X engine my brother Oz (!7th Airborne) has been posting. I plan to rebuild it as a strato blue Air Force jeep as originally found. As soon as I get a chance, I will post more pictures.
Mike

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:38 am

ww2DAD wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:33 pm
Ray,
It's great to see Goodyears are out again. I just read this post and wish I had found it earlier last year. I also want to thank you for the kind posts on the double X engine my brother Oz (!7th Airborne) has been posting. I plan to rebuild it as a strato blue Air Force jeep as originally found. As soon as I get a chance, I will post more pictures.
Mike
Hello,

Hello,

Thanks Mike, welcome back to the G503 !!

Oz has been great in getting things done and showing others how to do it !
I also have a jeep from Roswell, that I got from Oz, well actually a body and frame, hood, etc. for a future restoration project.

Your Air Force jeep looks great and will be a fitting tribute to your Father !
Your engine is an interesting item, as nobody seems to have any information on it, other than some similar engines being found in Europe, with casting dates from 1949 on the lower right side, so we will continue to research this interesting area.

I am looking forward to progress reports on your jeep, as it will be rare to see a USAF jeep restored, not many are discovered.

I am certain that the jeep body that that I have from Oz, was also a USAF jeep once, although it is faded out olive drab, I have found strata blue on it as well, but also found a white star painted on the rear gas can holder reinforcement plate.
It is my opinion, based on many pictures that the Army Air Force removed the jerry can holders from their jeeps that were used at air fields.
Likely so there wouldn't be a chance of a loose jerry can being dropped on the runways.

The Goodyear and Firestone tires are beautiful things !!
Wow prices have certainly gone up :shock:
We are very fortunate to have them available for our jeep restorations :D .

If you need inner tubes, get them the ebay seller in Arkansas, (cmvjeeps) as they are made in South Korea to high automotive standards, and not cruddy Chinese made ones that will pop in a week !

Keep us posted Mike !!

Best Regards,
Ray

ww2DAD
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by ww2DAD » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:04 am

Ray,
Thank you for your response. It's neat that you traveled to Roswell to pick those jeep parts up. Ozzie has a knack at finding things. I started about 30 years ago with an M38 I found for $500. Never did finish it but someone out of El Paso did buy the parts. After that I just started stock piling stuff from WW2 until I gave it all to Ozzie when I moved from Albuquerque. Like I said earlier, I hadn't planned on doing a rebuild again, but it just happened. Once I get the chance to post my own pictures, I will show the progress on the jeep. I hate to bug Ozzie to do it.
Thanks for the info on the inner tubes. I did pick up 4 from cmvjeeps last year. Unfortunately, I had already bought tires before I saw your posts on the goodyears.
Take care,
Mike

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:34 pm

ww2DAD wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:04 am
Ray,
Thank you for your response. It's neat that you traveled to Roswell to pick those jeep parts up. Ozzie has a knack at finding things. I started about 30 years ago with an M38 I found for $500. Never did finish it but someone out of El Paso did buy the parts. After that I just started stock piling stuff from WW2 until I gave it all to Ozzie when I moved from Albuquerque. Like I said earlier, I hadn't planned on doing a rebuild again, but it just happened. Once I get the chance to post my own pictures, I will show the progress on the jeep. I hate to bug Ozzie to do it.
Thanks for the info on the inner tubes. I did pick up 4 from cmvjeeps last year. Unfortunately, I had already bought tires before I saw your posts on the goodyears.
Take care,
Mike
Hello Mike,
Well if you bought Firestone Tires, you chose wisely, as Ford used Firestone, and Willys came with Goodyear tires.
Not to mention all the wartime replacement tires from numerous manufacturers that can be seen on jeeps during WW2.

Best Regards.
Ray

Return to “MB GPW Restoration Projects”