42 GPW "Bella"

Create a thread to track the progress of you MB/GPW restoration progress. Previously a General Discussion board.
mav1942
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: 42 GPW "Bella"

Post by mav1942 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:53 am

Been radio silent for a little while, just got lazy with the posting I guess. But update, she runs!! went for the first test drive last night. Brakes need adjusting and she runs on the hotter side. I had some difficulties along the way though. Had a few local 503ers come by and help with timing/grounding issues. Just when I got the timing figured out I discovered my oil pump gasket was leaking. As Im sure you all know, removing the oil pump is a pain in the expletive of choice. So when I finagled the pump out I messed up the timing despite my best efforts not to. SO Ive spent the last few days fiddling with it trying to fix it. The grounding issue came from my block not being well enough grounded to the frame. Slapped on a grounding strap and boy that starter sounds nice.
Bella and I will be at the Reading air show in June if any of you happen to be there as well. We'll be set up with the 1st Infantry Division.
3/8, 2nd Marine Division
42 GPW

Return to “MB GPW Restoration Projects”