National military museum will open Aug. 7 near Dubois

G503 General Discussion and Chat Board where users can discuss any topic about their jeeps. Jeep Use both On and Off Road, Handy & Safety Tips. Topics that don't belong on the Technical Boards, such as personal restoration progress etc. It functions as a Clubhouse.
wreckless
Gee Addict

Post by wreckless » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:54 pm

JACKSON, Wyo. — Years of planning and millions of dollars investment will culminate, finally, with the opening of one of the nation’s largest military museums just outside of Dubois, Wyoming.

The National Museum of Military Vehicles was set to make its debut back on Memorial Day but the global pandemic put a wrinkle in the plans. The delay gave museum owners Dan and Cynthia Starks more time to finetune their dream. The $100 million venture will bow August 7 with less fanfare than originally planned but no less bang for the buck.

“We hope to provide an educational experience for future generations and to honor the service and sacrifice of our veterans by sharing their stories through vehicles and artillery. Our team is looking forward to welcoming guests beginning August 7,” said Alynne Starks, the museum’s executive director.

The 140,000 square-foot facility is designed to hold 200 military vehicles ranging from tanks and othered armored vehicles to trucks, jeeps, motorcycles, amphibious craft, and various armaments and firearms.

https://buckrail.com/national-military- ... a14204ffea
Rob
Jersey Wrecking Crew
1943 Ford GPW G503

“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a Congress.“ John Adams

Ez8
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Re: National military museum will open Aug. 7 near Dubois

Post by Ez8 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:43 pm

I remember driving past this place when they were under construction around this time last year. They had all of their vehicles out in the parking lot lined up - and there were quite a few. I told my wife that we'd have to go back out to Wyoming after it opened (I didn't have to twist her arm, we love it out there). I'm glad to see they are opening and I can't wait to get out there to see it!
MB# 215159 D.O.D 2-25-43
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=209632

Hammerhead
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by Hammerhead » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:57 pm

WOW, thanks for posting! That link showed how huge their collection is! The number of vehicles is dwarfing even the largest MVPA conventions I've been to!
1943 White M-3 Halftrack, 1944 CCKW 353, 1945 MB, 1944 Bantam T3,
1945 Ben-Hur 1-ton trailer, MVPA 12610, NRA Life Member

wreckless
Gee Addict

Post by wreckless » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:00 pm

If I ever make it up that way it will be on my shortlist for sure.
Rob
Jersey Wrecking Crew
1943 Ford GPW G503

“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a Congress.“ John Adams

70th Division
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by 70th Division » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:28 am

Hello,

That is an awesome place !!!
Big place for a remote location, but incredible :D :D :D

PS- They built the building too small !!

Someday it will be a great trip to travel out in the Great West with an MV convoy to that location.

It is really something, like the big European WW2 Museums.

Keep em Rolling !!

Ray

Return to “G503 General Discussion Board”