Help with WW1 First Army Driver and MP cards

Posters, Signs, Rationing, War Bonds, Japanese Relocation, Camp Shows or War Production
eagleredleg64
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Help with WW1 First Army Driver and MP cards

Post by eagleredleg64 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:01 pm

Anyone have any knowledge of these cards?
I am not sure how long they were used?
Thanks,
Ron
Desert Storm/Afghanistan Veteran
MVPA member
2 April 1942 Ford Script GPW 12073
December 1942 MB 199376
Matching numbers unrestored April 1943 GPW 109689 (sold)
30 March 1944 GPW 191099 ex Norweigan Army vehicle
WW2 Willys MBT trailer

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Re: Help with WW1 First Army Driver and MP cards

Post by W. Winget » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:21 am

Can't state that card in particular, but have seen plenty of forms and such while researching my 1918 Liberty truck. many of the MTC officers and Drivers Course manuals have them printed in the back of them (1917-1930's manuals) Some are more vehicle related, others generic.
When i first read yours, I wondered what vehicle had high and low beams, as most had gas, and my type 1 truck had electric lights, while type II went backward to gas for simplicity, so seeing a high/low beam reg sounds late, but then you have a 1918 date on it.
We pulled out of Europe fairly quickly, something like Dec 1919. (fast for an Army) there were elements that remained but most troops were sent home.
I scanned and printed out an early "PMCS" (Preventative Maintenance Checks and Services) type form to have in my Liberty if I ever do get her fixed and rebuilt.
Would be nice to have a straight on clear photo of the 'A Safe Driver' (circa 1960's M151 dash sticker) version you have just for the record.
V/R and Merry Christmas
W Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

Return to “WWII Home Front”