ROPS Bar

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2, Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the M151.
markrdje
USMC Sergeant
USMC Sergeant
ROPS Bar

Post by markrdje » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:20 pm

The bar is along side of the front hoop of the ROPS, it is too long to fit.This is on the passenger side.Same length as driver's side.Can't push middle ROPS hoop back/can't move front ROPS HOOP to the front.The front feet are on the hoop/pinned, bolted to the body
I have another set of front feet they should be the same as existing.Everything looks square to the world.The driver's side is in, pinned.I could try for a better picture on Friday, but probably not needed.
Ten years ago the complete ROPS was on the jeep.
I am sure there are no drawing specs of distances/picture.
You would think the front ROPS hoop needs moved to the front, no room to do so.
Thanks.
I think the way to do it is assemble all together on the ground, then set it in the jeep
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 11.51.42 PM.png
change user name to mark

bugcape
G-Master Sergeant
G-Master Sergeant
Re: ROPS Bar

Post by bugcape » Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:35 am

Did you try to un-pin the drivers side and attempt to install both sides simultaneously?
Just a thought. My M151A2 came with ROPS and I haven't taken them out but I've had
plenty of time to contemplate their mechanical foibles. I always remember some basics
I was taught at Ft. Rucker when learning how to repair helicopters: "These here manuals
are simple to make it easy for a 6th grader to understand.Army ain't gonna give you too
much to think about, they just want you to fix it in a hurry." Words to live by.
Da Gas Man

markrdje
USMC Sergeant
USMC Sergeant
Re: ROPS Bar

Post by markrdje » Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:01 am

I got the bar in, some of it has to partially assembled before setting in place.
Thanks for the feedback
change user name to mark

Return to “M151's Technical Knowledge Base”