Zenith Carb rebuild

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2, Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the M151.
CaptB
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Re: Zenith Carb rebuild

Post by CaptB » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:41 am

Stripped out the donaldson valve and everything looks ok put it all back together and went through the start up again. I don't want to tempt fate but I have managed to start it hot a half dozen times. I don't think it was one specific thing, but going through everything, checking, cleaning and adjusting has improved the running of the engine greatly. I have now changed my hot start procedure after trial and error as follows. No choke, accelerator pedal to the floor and crank the starter until it fires, this seems to work, so fingers crossed. I need to build my confidence taking it out for longer runs again so lets see how it goes. I would like to thank everyone for their advice and support over the last few weeks, I have learned so much about my engine I could probably strip the carb and the distributor blindfolded 😉. Its been so frustrating at times but it's also been a worthwhile exercise and hopefully I can enjoy my mutt for a bit before the gremlins strike again.

Once again thanks everyone

Return to “M151's Technical Knowledge Base”