CMD Body Panels for M 151

1959 - 1978, M151, M151A1, M151A2, Technical questions and discussions, regarding anything related to the M151.
markrdje
USMC Sergeant
USMC Sergeant
Re: CMD Body Panels for M 151

Post by markrdje » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:12 am

I need 2 but what is the price? I still have to send you a pic of the minor frame rails that went perpendicular from the long rail.My terminology probably needs adjusting.
Thanks for the service,
mark
change user name to mark

markrdje
USMC Sergeant
USMC Sergeant

Post by markrdje » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:53 am

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/s2YpSwg7/Screen-Sh ... AM.png/img] Clutch rod, don't remember where I bought it THIS GOT SENT TO WRONG SUBJECT SORRY--don't know how to correct it, maybe the moderator can it for me?
change user name to mark

lpcoating
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by lpcoating » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:05 pm

Weld fixture for ensuring accuracy on the cowl side panels. The location points for the side panel, top of cowl and front fender top all need to be held. This is a way to make that happen. The slits in the fixture are for welding while clamped down. We also have some aluminum heat sinks coming out of the machine shop for these parts. Finished part will also have the door rod bracket and offsets to match the original design.

Guy

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:07 pm

markrdje wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:12 am
I need 2 but what is the price? I still have to send you a pic of the minor frame rails that went perpendicular from the long rail.My terminology probably needs adjusting.
Thanks for the service,
mark
At this time they are $495 each plus shipping.

Guy

markrdje
USMC Sergeant
USMC Sergeant

Post by markrdje » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:56 pm

Thank you, I'll see if I can dig up some money from somewhere?
change user name to mark

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:59 pm

Almost there. Have one more minor tweak to make I'm thinking about leaving the weld as shown.

Guy

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:59 pm

The aluminum heat sink is now out of our Machine shop. Not only is this for controlling warpage, it's also a "Go, No-Go" gauge for the forming process and ensures the quality of the part. Part was cut on our water jet, then machined to width and the radii of the bends were duplicated for 100% surface contact.

Guy

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:51 pm

As most people are aware, NY has all non-essential manufacturing shut down. As of this past Friday, CMD is under this order by the Governor. We've filed for a variance but are not sure of the outcome yet. For those of you that need parts, hang in there. Full side panels are in our weld shop and we'll start shipping as soon as we can. Stay safe!

Guy

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:55 am

Good morning guys. Just wanted to give everyone an update on body panel shipments. We opened back up with a small crew last Thursday. As most of you are aware, manufacturing in NYS (and many others) is only able to work on "essential" manufacturing. Our understanding of this is that we are not even able to ship a "non-essential" part off of the shelf without being in violation. There are fines associated with this and the government is encouraging whistle-blowers. We've been in contact with our attorneys for clarification on these matters. I've had a lot of people wanting parts but at this time, we can not ship. I have a list and will start processing these orders as soon as we are able. With everything going on, I realize that not being able to ship parts is pretty minor but I wanted to keep everyone informed. Stay safe...

Guy

Hell On Wheels
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Hell On Wheels » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:20 am

lpcoating wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:59 pm
Almost there. Have one more minor tweak to make I'm thinking about leaving the weld as shown.

Guy
this is the kit I need when you reopen
Robert

1966 - M151A1
1986 - M998
2007 - M1102
2009 - H3T

Hell on Wheels https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi_blL ... z7Ukw8gbHg

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Look what found its way here:

I've been asked about tool box and fuel tank floors. Have something to scan now.

Guy

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Fri May 15, 2020 3:42 am

Good morning people. Just wanted to let everyone know that we are now able to ship 151 parts again. I have a list of people that have requested parts and will start processing orders. Please keep in mind that this will not happen all at once and I'll get parts moving as soon as I can. We have a lot going on here and as most of you know, this is not a 2 man shop and I have other priorities. I'll be reaching out to those that requested parts with a status update. Thank you for your understanding.

Guy

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Thu May 21, 2020 12:58 pm

Parts update: We've shipped out 8 orders this week and we're working on number 9. Full side panels are back in production. I have a list of people that want them and will contact them in order (oldest inquiry first). Most other parts are in stock but some items getting low. Will also start replenishing those parts. Thanks to all of you who have purchased parts.

Guy

lpcoating

Post by lpcoating » Sun May 31, 2020 4:00 am

We've made adjustments and more tooling since the first run to help aid the production of the side panels. These are ready for spot welding and there's more at weld.

Guy

Tim Powell
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Post by Tim Powell » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:25 am

Good to hear you Folks are reopening!!!
Will contact you the first part of next week with a few questions about your parts we need!
Tim Powell
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil
is that good men do nothing."

Return to “M151's Technical Knowledge Base”