NEXT STOP-MOTOR STABLES

For posting personal or other photos of the relevant G740, G758, M38, M38A1, M170 MV's for this Forum
Joe Gopan
Jeep Heaven

NEXT STOP-MOTOR STABLES

Post by Joe Gopan » Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:58 am

This begins the 45th Season with my flawlessly restored M-38A1 using 100% factory M-38A1 parts except for the Gama Goat Tail Lamp Doors.
Stored since November 2019 fired off after 5 months storage in about 10 seconds, thanks to Ethanol Free Gasoline and NOKO Genius G-7200 Smart Charger. M-38A1's are the fastest of the 40's-60's Jeep family, and once started will fire off as soon as the fan blades move when driven regularly. Hand priming is not necessary if the M-38A1 is in tune. My last set of GI US-2HN GI Batteries lasted 10 years thanks to the NOKO Genius
Snow has finally gone, the M-38A1 is awake from its' 6 month hibernation and is chomping at the bit for a drive. Next on its' schedule is MOTOR STABLES using "the GI touch and training to check all systems.
This year, for safety's sake, it will have Gama Goat Tail Lamp Doors as they offer superior visibility to the OEM installed on M-Series Vehicles.
IMG_6610 (7).jpg
IMG_6611 (2).jpg
2011 MVPA PIONEER AWARD - MVPA #1064
HONOR GRAD-WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC SCHOOL 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL(MACHINIST) ABERDEEN PG 1962 - O-1 BIRD DOG CREWCHIEF - 300,000+TROUBLE FREE M-38A1 MILES
LIFE MEMBER AM LEGION-40/8-DAV
7 MIL SPEC MAINTAINED MV'S
COL. BRUNO BROOKS (ARMY MOTORS) IS MY HERO

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Re: NEXT STOP-MOTOR STABLES

Post by 70th Division » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:07 am

Hello,

Your Jeep looks beautiful, and well kept !!
It is always nice to see pictures of your impeccable Military Vehicles as always ,
you put in a lot of TLC in your stable of vehicles, and always share valuable knowledge with
all other G members !!

Best Regards,
Ray

Joe Gopan
Jeep Heaven

Post by Joe Gopan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:31 am

Cosmetics are part of the game, It helps to be lucky enough to keep a stash of wear items such as OEM Seat Cushions from JEEP Factory stock, .I used to order seat cushions by JEEP Part no using Color Code 12 (Olive Drab, Vinylite Coated) which is what the military used.Ross Moir, aka Cyclops Ram, found a GI surplus roll of the same material, it was what the army used to reupholster office furniture. I used to have the worn M-38/M-38A1 seat backs and bottoms recovered using his material.
Those were the good old days, time is taking a toll on OEM equivalent items.
2011 MVPA PIONEER AWARD - MVPA #1064
HONOR GRAD-WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC SCHOOL 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL(MACHINIST) ABERDEEN PG 1962 - O-1 BIRD DOG CREWCHIEF - 300,000+TROUBLE FREE M-38A1 MILES
LIFE MEMBER AM LEGION-40/8-DAV
7 MIL SPEC MAINTAINED MV'S
COL. BRUNO BROOKS (ARMY MOTORS) IS MY HERO

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:24 am

Hello,

You are right about that for sure !!
I have saved a few nos items that I have come across, as they are disappearing.
Unfortunately many parts have been dumped as old dealers and MV yards have been
closed, or shut down due to real estate being much more valuable.
I managed to obtain a good supply of GE 6006 6Volt headlight bulbs from a seller.
He got them from a old, old, auto parts store location that held an auction for the inventory
that was found in storage.
They were from the 1950's and in original boxes, so now I have some 6V
headlight bulbs for my 1/2 ton Dodge, 2 CCKW's and CJ2a Jeep.
They say that the GE 6006 bulbs are also used on early 6V VW Bugs.

But so much is getting tossed, or exposed to the weather, in old sheds/barns/storage around the country which is something we should all keep a look out for, to save what we can.
At the last MV show I went to here in Florida, I bought some NOS, F marked, axle bumpers.
They were in great nos shape, and the seller also gave me a GPW mystery box of parts in a cosmoline wax.

A couple years ago, I bought on ebay, an nos large mouth MB gas tank, that still
had a paper tag on it from a Jeep dealer in Pennsylvania, as it was likely a Jeep made, post war MB tank.
There are still plenty of WW2 / Korean War vehicles out there to restore, but they too are
under threat from the elements, scrap collectors, local governments, and rust !!
I am trying to do my part and save what ever I can, and then work on restoring them.

I am now working on plans for more buildings to properly store the larger vehicles.
Even with the quarantine/lock down efforts, here in Florida, concrete trucks are still delivering concrete, and Lowes
will also deliver lumber and building materials, which is nice.
That way going to the location can be avoided.

Keep us posted on your motor stables !!!

Best Regards,
Ray

Return to “- PHOTO GALLERY -”