Dutch KLM My Favorite Airline !!

Post your jeep photos, Pre or Post restoration. Bragging Photos etc. Also LIFE jeep photos.
70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Dutch KLM My Favorite Airline !!

Post by 70th Division » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:47 pm

Hello,

KLM is the Dutch National Carrier, and in my opinion, the absolute best airline in the world.
In the past I flew with them many times,both from the USA to Holland, and from Holland to Spain, and back to the USA.

The stewardesses are the friendliest , the hardest working, the most beautiful, and the tallest girls, I have ever seen :D :D

Here is a great KLM story that I happened to see, and wanted to share it with the G503 :

https://blog.klm.com/70-years-of-freedo ... -veterans/

I have never seen a company that is as well run, and focused on, " People" , than KLM.

This just reinforces everything I have experienced with them over the years.

Someday, I will enjoy flying with them again :D :D

Best Regards,
Ray

YLG80
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Dutch KLM My Favorite Airline !!

Post by YLG80 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:48 am

Hi Ray
I have flown several times with KLM and I agree that this is a top company.
In the early 1990's I was living in Indonesia, and I had the opportunity to fly in a brand new KLM 747-400 aircraft, in a comfortable World Business Class seat, in an non-stop flight from Jakarta to Schipol airport in the Netherlands.
This is a souvenir of that long flight at the time, in the "City of Jakarta" aircraft, now retired since 2020.

MUG_KLM.jpg

Today, Qantas has plans to fly non-stop from London ... to Sydney (19 hours) in an AB A-350 specially prepared for long flights (2025).

Yves
Ford GPW 1943 - Louisville - DoD 12-7-43
serial 164794

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:45 am

YLG80 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:48 am
Hi Ray
I have flown several times with KLM and I agree that this is a top company.
In the early 1990's I was living in Indonesia, and I had the opportunity to fly in a brand new KLM 747-400 aircraft, in a comfortable World Business Class seat, in an non-stop flight from Jakarta to Schipol airport in the Netherlands.
This is a souvenir of that long flight at the time, in the "City of Jakarta" aircraft, now retired since 2020.

MUG_KLM.jpg

Today, Qantas has plans to fly non-stop from London ... to Sydney (19 hours) in an AB A-350 specially prepared for long flights (2025).

Yves

Hello Yves,

That must have been a great flight, especially with KLM and non-stop.

That is a great souvenir cup from them !

I always liked that they served little bottles of wine, all sorts of free beer, and gave you a menu to choose from, in coach !
Their service was always first class, and I can't say that about most US carriers or Lufthansa.

KLM is a world of difference, with super friendly people.

Best Regards,
Ray

YLG80
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by YLG80 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:38 pm

You should test Emirates. Super top class even in coach in an A-380.
Or Qatar Airways. They were the only company to continue to fly on March 20, 2020 and allow us to return home from Bangok when the governments decided to setup the covid lockdown.
Ford GPW 1943 - Louisville - DoD 12-7-43
serial 164794

David
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by David » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:32 am

Established in October 1919 KLM is also the oldest airline in the world, still operating under its original name (although part of an allegiance with Air France now).

Return to “- PHOTO GALLERY -”