National Infantry Association’s 44-Dated Willys MB

Post your jeep photos, Pre or Post restoration. Bragging Photos etc. Also LIFE jeep photos.
lewis505
G-Private
G-Private

National Infantry Association’s 44-Dated Willys MB

Post by lewis505 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:21 pm

Greetings from Fort Benning & the National Infantry Association, headquartered at the National Infantry Museum and Soldier Center.

About 6 months ago the National Infantry Association was gifted a 1944-dated Willys MB from the Dixon Family of Eufaula, Alabama, in honor of their late Father, Mr. Robert M. Dixon. Mr. Dixon had lovingly restored this Willys MB to represent the same Jeep he drove while on occupation duty as a MP in Germany at the end of World War II. The Dixon family’s gracious donation to the NIA will allow this Jeep to be enjoyed by many throughout the greater Chattahoochee Valley region and will be used in our community outreach events for the Museum and the National Infantry Association.

Some updates and repairs have been made over the past few months, but thanks to the mechanics at the Fort Benning MWR Auto Care center, she is back up & running.

I’m still “learning” everything there is to know about the MB, so any input & advice is appreciated; and if you’re in the Columbus/Fort Benning area, keep any eye out for it!

Chris
B5512725-562C-4D62-82B9-A0F12CEAF773.jpeg
CSM(R) Chris Lewis
National Infantry Association
Fort Benning, GA. 31905

lewis505
G-Private
G-Private

Re: National Infantry Association’s 44-Dated Willys MB

Post by lewis505 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:36 pm

Had the Willys MB at the 75th Ranger Special Troops Battalion (RSTB) Ball as a “Photo Booth” for the Rangers & families of the RSTB - great time had by all!Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CSM(R) Chris Lewis
National Infantry Association
Fort Benning, GA. 31905

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General
Re: National Infantry Association’s 44-Dated Willys MB

Post by 70th Division » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:19 am

Hello Chris,

Thanks for posting these great pictures !!
Thanks to the Family for donating the beautiful jeep to your great organization !

I really like the display, and the new WW2 style uniforms, I wish they kept them is service from WW2, but better a late return than never !

God Bless the US Army, and all The Veterans, from all the Wars, and times in between!!

Best Regards,
Ray

Return to “- PHOTO GALLERY -”