GPW120671 update

Post your jeep photos, Pre or Post restoration. Bragging Photos etc. Also LIFE jeep photos.
hell-fire
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: GPW120671 update

Post by hell-fire » Sun May 17, 2009 2:49 am

Stunning.

Hope mine looks as good one day.
John
Australia
Member VMVC #192
1942 Willys MB-BRT 135673 D.O.D. 4-16-42 Now 97% finished

Gdcast
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Gdcast » Sun May 17, 2009 6:08 am

:shock: Would you look at that frame.
You´re something special mister, I take my hat off sir.
Guillermo "Billy" Castelli

artificer
- R.A.E.M.E -

Post by artificer » Sun May 17, 2009 6:35 am

the jeep will be appraised and have the out of province vehicle inspection done
Another of these different country quirks, no doubt. Please explain.
John GIBBINS Member Institute of Automotive Mechanical Engineers [Ret], ASE Master Medium/Heavy Truck & Auto Technician USA -2002 Licensed Motor Mech NSW MVIC 49593 Current 2015
TO DIAGNOSE, TROUBLESHOOT OR FAULT FIND ANY AUTO SYSTEM....
Understand how system parts interact with one another. GOOD parts can then be established & the NOT GOOD problem/s part/s isolated for repair or replacement.

Ed Campion
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Ed Campion » Tue May 19, 2009 11:13 am

Hi Guys, Sorry for the long delay. My computer at home crashed and I have to replace it so I'm currently relying on the one at work to get on the Gee.

I just wanted to clarify something that Jon mentioned. I am still working on the original jeep body that I made all the new panels for, this one is the MD Juan body that I bought at the convention in Portland last summer and dragged home.

Also with regard to the out of province inspection... Because the jeep had never been registered for road use with the DMV, it required a title search and they as well as the insurance company required a mechanical inspection to say that it is a road worthy vehicle. The appraisal is for the insurance company so they know how much it is worth so that I get the appropriate amount of coverage for it.

I was supposed to get the inspection and appraisal done this morning at 10:00am but the gentleman called to say that he threw his back out on the weekend so I have rescheduled for Friday morning. It's been 10 long years now.... a couple more days aren't going to kill me..... :cry: :lol:

Thanks again for all the nice compliments.
Ed Campion
1943 Ford GPW120671
ecampion@gef.org
Edmonton, Alberta
Canada
MVPA# 12736

Return to “- PHOTO GALLERY -”