1943 Omaha and 1943 John Wood carts

WW1 & 2 Hand Carts Any Country NO EBAY OR COMMERCIAL SALES
david.harris
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

1943 Omaha and 1943 John Wood carts

Post by david.harris » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:27 pm

I have been lucky enough to find a second cart in my area. Brought home an Omaha Industries cart last night dated 1943 S/N 19008.

Now I have 2 carts and need to know if it is ok to make 1 complete cart out of the two of them? 1 is an Omaha cart and the other a John Wood cart both dated from 1943. The Omaha Cart needs a wheel and Hitch assembly (would use the John Wood pieces)

Also the Omaha cart came with two never mounted tires with a diamond pattern. Are these appropriate for the cart? The appear to be in good shape with no dry rot.

And did all carts come with the Slotted Pan head type bolt with Castle Nuts? Neither of these carts had even 1 of those bolts, wondering why.

Thanks in Advance
Attachments
Tire Sidewall.jpg
Replacement tire.jpg
Bottom.jpg
Data plate.jpg
IMG_6053-2.jpg

frenchman
G-Major
G-Major
Re: 1943 Omaha and 1943 John Wood carts

Post by frenchman » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:00 am

hello
the ID plate on the omaha cart maybe a reproduction look at the rivet on the john wood nice and round
compared to flat on the omaha i could be wrong
frenchman

david.harris
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant

Re: 1943 Omaha and 1943 John Wood carts

Post by david.harris » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:27 pm

I also noticed the difference in rivets. I know the cart has been repainted and wondering if the plate was removed and then re-installed with different rivets. The previous owner had the cart for 30+ years. I have been looking for pictures of Data Plates to see if it looks correct but haven't found any pictures of the Omaha plate, only found Rock Island and John Wood.

Return to “HAND CARTS - FOR SALE & WANTED - General Discussion & Knowledge Base”