Please refer to them as HMVs

Discussion of Local, State, and Federal issues regarding MV Legislation, MV use restrictions, MV registration refusals, etc. As these issues may ultimately affect other jurisdictions, information and education of all MV owners is crucial for the future ownership and use of our MVs.
This is not a board for Political discussion.
This is not a Q&A Forum on how to title or register a MV.
Dr Deuce
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Please refer to them as HMVs

Post by Dr Deuce » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:16 am

It is VERY important to refer to our pride and joys not as Antique Military Vehicles

Refer to them as Historic Military Vehicles. Associate history with them. Put the people who want to restrict them or to eliminate them all together in the category of people wanting to abolish history, or worse 'book burners'
Stephen Keith AKA Dr Deuce
www.ww2movievehicles,com

9 CCKWs 6x6

7 Chevys 4x4

Mark Jesic
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: Please refer to them as HMVs

Post by Mark Jesic » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:35 am

Absolutely correct Steve, its suprising how many people want history to be forgotten, we wont let it happen. :o

Dozerman51
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by Dozerman51 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:11 pm

History is being forgotten everyday in the US public school system. Revisionist history is in, real history is out. :o

Mark Jesic
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Mark Jesic » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:36 am

A lot of our politicians over here also try and brush it under the carpet. :(

70th Division
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by 70th Division » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:13 pm

Hello,

Dr. Deuce, Dozerman and Mark, you are not kidding !!

I am with you, it is a shame what the modern US school system has been corrupted and forged into, total historical
neglect of actual history, and heaping helpings of total BS, disinformation, neglect, and ignorance being preached to dumb down the children.
It is a well planned attack, a war, and has been going on since I was in school.
As a matter of fact I remember being astonished that our "old" outstanding History, and Reading books were replaced mid year
in 3rd grade, with total "garbage" books.
I was in third grade in New Hampshire, and I was saying that to my teacher, Mr. Barbour, as were my fellow classmates.
I remember saying at the time, those garbage books look like they came from New York, big city propaganda.
The older books had pictures, illustrations, and great American stories in them.
Our "old" books I think were originally printed in the 1960's and early 70's.
Us students loved reading them, and learning of the great achievements of this country, and people.
They were exciting, adventurous, and interesting, I read about the Black Union Soldiers that fought in the Civil War, and Louis Pasteur, Alexander Fleming, Thomas Edison, Revolutionary War figures , American Indians,etc.

The new ones were pure trash, nobody liked them, they had no redeeming stories in them.
Illustrations were just as bad, pc trash before that was a word of defined concept.

But in my mind, no doubt the result of a change in political-philosophical control of publishers at the time, the disgruntled and arrogant generation, radicals , weaned in the late 60's taking over control of school books.
Take over the school books, they have taken over the school.
Politics has no place in public education .
That was the beginning of the down fall, in my opinion, of the US education system.

Military History, surely was target number 1 !

Historical Military Vehicles it is, and will be for now on !!
I tell people all the history I can about my jeeps, and vehicles.
Where they came from, where they may have served, and about the soldiers who drove and rode in them as WW2 Citizen Soldiers, Liberators of the Free World.
I like to have shell casings in the vehicle to give to any kid that asks, as souvenirs of history.
We had better transfer our interest to history to the young asap, because it will be a brief window to spark their lifelong interest.
I read yesterday that history degree numbers are tanking, and interest is waning in colleges for history studies in general.
Give the kids and parents rides in your historical military vehicles, it leaves an impression and you have created allies in the
cause.
Tell them how important it is to preserve the vehicles to save a living tangible history, and that it is a race against
time and the elements.

Have fun above all, and it will enlighten new people to join our ranks !!

Best Regards,

Ray

Mark Jesic
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by Mark Jesic » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:48 am

Well said Ray, we will keep history alive even if the teachers and politicians cant. Its the same attitude here in England as the U.S.A. :x

Return to “Legislative Issues”