kansas junker bill

Discussion of Local, State, and Federal issues regarding MV Legislation, MV use restrictions, MV registration refusals, etc. As these issues may ultimately affect other jurisdictions, information and education of all MV owners is crucial for the future ownership and use of our MVs.
This is not a board for Political discussion.
This is not a Q&A Forum on how to title or register a MV.
brian in denver
G-Major General
G-Major General

kansas junker bill

Post by brian in denver » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:16 pm

keeping it strac here boss
I hate aquaphobic horses ;)

Joe Gopan
Jeep Heaven

Re: kansas junker bill

Post by Joe Gopan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:43 pm

One look at that Caddy tells me they may have a good reason depending on the neighborhood.
2011 MVPA PIONEER AWARD - MVPA #1064
HONOR GRAD-WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC SCHOOL 1960 - US ARMY ORDNANCE SCHOOL(MACHINIST) ABERDEEN PG 1962 - O-1 BIRD DOG CREWCHIEF - 300,000+TROUBLE FREE M-38A1 MILES
LIFE MEMBER AM LEGION-40/8-DAV
7 MIL SPEC MAINTAINED MV'S
COL. BRUNO BROOKS (ARMY MOTORS) IS MY HERO

acmack
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Post by acmack » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:42 pm

These kind of legislations force hobbyists to have to build a garage to keep it out of site of the neighbors. As a big truck restorer that means major bucks or sell, (which is why I only have 2 10 wheelers rather then about 20 when my town was still a "more cows than people" place. Now it's development central and commuters).

This forces the average joe out of the hobby. Maybe that's why you see so few young guys with MV's or any antique cars at shows as much as decades past.

David
Any other spacecraft or missile owners out there?
60' M422 538
65' Apollo BP CM A-36
60' Gemini BP CM MSC312

undysworld
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by undysworld » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:43 am

A collector here in Wis. is currently under similar attack. His property is wanted by developers, so they're going after his "parts cars" as a nuisance. The complaint is based on satellite images, not exactly normal public viewing.

Unfortunately, his atty. dropped the ball in the Motion Hearing, and the judge ruled that Wisconsin's statute allowing Collectors to keep parts cars cannot be used in defense. We believe he should seek a new hearing based on inadequate representation. Even the lawyer admits he erred.

Lets hope one of these guys can prevail.
1966 AM-General M35A-2
1973 DeTomaso Pantera
1976 Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer 712M
M-416 Trailer (behind Pinzgauer)
1980 AMC Jeep CJ-5

Info on Legislation at: http://www.alfaheaven.com/MilitarySecti ... Legis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FrankenJeep
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Post by FrankenJeep » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:11 am

My '51 Jeep is no "clunker" and is housed in a garage. Let me catch someone snooping around trying to find out what's inside and he's gonna have problems!@ :evil: Hmm.........let me see; where DID I put that rock salt!!!!! :x :lol:
FrankenJeep

Return to “Legislative Issues”