Repeal Lend/Lease Ban on Imports

Discussion of Local, State, and Federal issues regarding MV Legislation, MV use restrictions, MV registration refusals, etc. As these issues may ultimately affect other jurisdictions, information and education of all MV owners is crucial for the future ownership and use of our MVs.
This is not a board for Political discussion.
This is not a Q&A Forum on how to title or register a MV.
Buggy Man
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: Repeal Lend/Lease Ban on Imports

Post by Buggy Man » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:42 pm

Humbermk4 wrote: All this doesn't help get a WC-51 in from Norway, or a Stuart in from Argentina, but it might allow some stuff to come in fromt he UK market.
Not sure how that would work because Norway nor Argentina weren't receipients of Lend Lease. What I read about all those M3A1 Stuarts that came out of Argentina(?) was that they were either sold to or given in an aid package with a caviate that US Gov't had final say on their disposal? Read that in CMV magazine but have no idea if it's actually true or not. As for Norway, didn't they purchase all those WWII MVs as surplus right after the War like the Swiss did?
Cobra Doc wrote:This will be a moot point if the UN's "Global Small Arms Treaty" is passed, since neither "implements of war", nor parts for "implements of war" will be allowed to cross national borders unless part of a government sale or government brokered (not just approved) deal. And there are nations who want to include "all vehicles designed whole or in part for use by the military" as "implements of war" and "dual use" items as well.

Was this treaty passed? It concerns me greatly as I am a ferret (Mk.1/2) owner and I'm already having issues with the parts people across the pond. They have new export restrictions where Militaria is concerned.

Matt

Cobra Doc
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Cobra Doc » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:22 pm

Matt,
Not passed yet, but the ATF has been doing their part to get it to pass, <see Fast & Furious>

ansancle
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by ansancle » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 am

I wasn't aware of this issue with the UN arms treaty - this would basically kill my German Replica business since the base vehicles (VT-55's) come out of Eastern Europe.
I can't stand it anymore...... :evil:

battlebaby3
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by battlebaby3 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:26 pm

I heard this too with the UN. They are not our friends only beggers who want our cash lol.

Pat
1942 GPW 63239 "Angel "
99th Infantry Division,393rd Reg., E Co. (Battlebabies)
99th Infantry Division Historical Society,Inc. Erie, Pa.
Event Coordinator The Bridge at Remagen, Tidioute.PA
Event Coordinator The Ruhr Pocket, 1945 Train / GI vehicle convoy Battle, Titusville ,PA

ng19delta
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by ng19delta » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:04 pm

We NEED to get the US- as well any other good nations- OUT of the UN for reasons like this! They are a horrible organization, and nothing but a support activity for Anti-American and Dictatorial regimes. The UN has long outlived its purpose and usefulness. Close the building in New York, and reopen it as a hotel or something useful.

Scott

battlebaby3
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by battlebaby3 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:35 am

Amen brother Amen

Pat
1942 GPW 63239 "Angel "
99th Infantry Division,393rd Reg., E Co. (Battlebabies)
99th Infantry Division Historical Society,Inc. Erie, Pa.
Event Coordinator The Bridge at Remagen, Tidioute.PA
Event Coordinator The Ruhr Pocket, 1945 Train / GI vehicle convoy Battle, Titusville ,PA

Return to “Legislative Issues”