Wisconsin - public legislative hearing on HMVs 12/3/09

Discussion of Local, State, and Federal issues regarding MV Legislation, MV use restrictions, MV registration refusals, etc. As these issues may ultimately affect other jurisdictions, information and education of all MV owners is crucial for the future ownership and use of our MVs.
This is not a board for Political discussion.
This is not a Q&A Forum on how to title or register a MV.
StudebakerM275
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Re: Wisconsin - public legislative hearing on HMVs 12/3/09

Post by StudebakerM275 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Yes Sir I'm an AMERICAN :mrgreen:

I know it makes sense I wished they would realize the revenue there losing, it might change some Nay Sayer's minds . . . if all else fails boys play on there GREED ! ! !

Mike
1953 Studebaker M275.
1962 GMC K4500.
1969 AMC-AMX.
1976 Arctic Cat Jag.
1977 Ford F350.
1982 AMC-Jeep J/20 Honcho.
1988 AMC-Jeep V8 Comanche .
1992 Trans Am GTA.
2007 Honda Rubicon.

Cobra Doc
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Cobra Doc » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:08 pm

StudebakerM275 wrote:Yes Sir I'm an AMERICAN :mrgreen:

I know it makes sense I wished they would realize the revenue there losing, it might change some Nay Sayer's minds . . . if all else fails boys play on there GREED ! ! !

Mike
That might work if they were getting a cut, but since they aren't getting the money, they are going for the next best thing, POWER TRIP!!!!

Cobra Doc
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Cobra Doc » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:08 pm

StudebakerM275 wrote:Yes Sir I'm an AMERICAN :mrgreen:

Mike
That might work if they were getting a cut, but since they aren't getting the money, they are going for the next best thing, POWER TRIP!!!! :? :? :?

undysworld
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Post by undysworld » Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:03 am

Mike,
Yes, the Pinzgauers are really quite safe. They've got very nearly all the equipment required for DOT, from the factory. Let me know when you want a ride. :D

Ida34,

Thanks. I too think that a lawsuit might be needed. However, there are about 13 Pinz owners currently in Wis. We can't raise that kind of $$. But if the rest of the US ex-military collectors from Wisconsin were to join in...

Currently, there are at basically two camps in the state. There's Jeff Rowsam's group, which is quite large, but so far, they all seem to be supporting Rep Zigmunt's (the DOT's version) bill, apparently buying the DOT's argument that it's as good as they can get. There's the other group, which I guess I'm the loudmouth from (I'm not looking to be the leader, I like being in the background), who think that either 1) Rep. Zigmunt's bill needs amending or rejection. OR 2) Sen. Erpenbach's bill may be the answer. I too hope we can solidify into ONE group.

At least Sen. Erpenbach is willing to work on details to make his bill work for us. He's very unhappy with the DOT and what's been done to me.

DATA: that's a good question. No, WisDOT has, to date, not produced ANY data to support their claim of ex-military vehicles being unsafe.

One of DOT's arguments for forcing ex-mil vehicles to be licensed as "ex-mil" is that they want an easy method of tracking these vehicles safety record. I contend that the data already exists. Here's a link to a '07 WisDOT crash report. Note that the total fatalities from "Collector", "Collector Special", "Collector Cycle", "Hobbyist", "Antique", and "Hobbyist Cycle" plates combined are less than those with "Packer" plates.
http://www.dot.state.wi.us/safety/motor ... ledata.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maybe in the interest of highway safety, we should outlaw the Green Bay Packers? :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

Paul
1966 AM-General M35A-2
1973 DeTomaso Pantera
1976 Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer 712M
M-416 Trailer (behind Pinzgauer)
1980 AMC Jeep CJ-5

Info on Legislation at: http://www.alfaheaven.com/MilitarySecti ... Legis.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

StudebakerM275
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by StudebakerM275 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:00 pm

:lol: Now that's a thought :lol:

Mike
1953 Studebaker M275.
1962 GMC K4500.
1969 AMC-AMX.
1976 Arctic Cat Jag.
1977 Ford F350.