Colorado banning military vehicles?

Discussion of Local, State, and Federal issues regarding MV Legislation, MV use restrictions, MV registration refusals, etc. As these issues may ultimately affect other jurisdictions, information and education of all MV owners is crucial for the future ownership and use of our MVs.
This is not a board for Political discussion.
This is not a Q&A Forum on how to title or register a MV.
eaw46
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Re: Colorado banning military vehicles?

Post by eaw46 » Thu May 09, 2024 6:08 am

I am not a member of the MVPA anymore as they do nothing to help stop this attack on MVs in any state.

wc56daveyboy
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by wc56daveyboy » Thu May 09, 2024 7:53 am

I am not a member of the MVPA anymore as they do nothing to help stop this attack on MVs in any state.
As why I didn’t renew again.,

Same as my local club… their alternative to this problem is a bandaide. (I.e. title it out of state for instance)

Still, in their defense, and from what little I understand about how this system works, you need sponsorship in the legislative body to do this..

How many legislators care to take on this sponsorship?
I’m sure with taxes and other issues on the table, that the situation with our MV’s looks like small potatoes to them
Last edited by wc56daveyboy on Sat May 11, 2024 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by DDTrustee » Thu May 09, 2024 8:26 am

This thread certainly highlights a threat to the military vehicle preservation hobby and the effort of nanny-state bureaucrats to keep information and the connection between former military vehicles out of the public eye. It’s another facet of nanny-state government protecting you from dangerous gas stoves and gas-powered lawn mowers. Yeah right! (sarcasm!) It’s a form of revisionist history to keep vehicles that were in the U.S. Military out of the public eye and keep focus away from our country’s history and our citizen military.
Focusing these liberal attacks on historic MVs back onto the MVPA is highly counterproductive. Does the MVPA, struggling with the effects of the internet on its decreasing membership levels and suggesting they are the solution, have the wherewithal to fight a dozen, perhaps several dozen, state-level fights make sense? The MVPA has scant resources to jump into that fight, but its members can be a resource to state-level fighters against anti-MV bureaucrats. Spend your precious time educating your legislators, not blaming the MVPA for not picking up that gauntlet.
Better yet vote against ‘progressive’ liberals that promote the nanny-state protective mentality; send the liberals that think these prohibitions into their “Safe Spaces.” Attack their logic (lack thereof)
Ruminations on a list of things you can do in your state:
1. Form a political action committee of local MV owners to promote the history and display of MVs to honor those that fought with them and served in the U.S. Military.
2. Find the politically connected members or MV owners and get them to act on behalf of MV owners collectively.
3. Open your wallet to those souls running for office that support the U.S. Military; especially veterans running for office.
4. Show up at all budget hearings in you state and complain about anti-MV bureaucrats.
5. Don’t just complain on the “Gee;” use it as a source to communicate ways to support MV licensing and registration.
6. arrange and support lots of short, local convoys of MVs in your community to breakfast, car shows, etc.: SHOW THE FLAG, SHOW YOUR MVs so the public knows you are there and need support. Talk it up at breakfast spots, car shows. Let the Model T guys know they are next because they are not electric vehicles (loser-chosen by liberals who forget where the extension cord is connected).
7. Call out your loser Motor Vehicle Bureau with a sign on your jeep or truck.
8. Call and discuss and support candidates for office who support you. Actually ASK THEM to support you!
9. Find a friendly MV office or use a private MV licensing office (available in some states) to do your registrations…taking care with what’s on the registration form.

Just sayin.
reenacting and WWII history

Kim Sievert
G-Captain
G-Captain

Post by Kim Sievert » Fri May 10, 2024 4:36 pm

Active private industry DMV's,,,, interesting thought.
MVCC member since 1983
MVCC Life member since around 1985
MVPA member since 1983
MVPA life member since around 1985

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Fri May 10, 2024 8:33 pm

I would also recommend supporting Rallys and events at Museums promoting Historical events or reenactments if you have time.
A vehicle in a garage, is not relatable to the general population, but one in the News at a local car show or military show, Gun Show on display attracts attention and garners support for the hobby.
Just sayin.
W Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by DDTrustee » Thu May 16, 2024 12:44 am

Not sure about other states but NM had privately-owner motor vehicle licensing shops in addition to the GUMMINT-OWNED ones. Guess which ones have the longest lines? Guess which ones are the 'CAN DO' places for getting tags and license renewals? Other states - don't even know where you would look that up; but I do remember that some of the outlying DMV offices (MEANING SMALL COMMUNITY, NOT MAJOR METROPOLITAN AREAS OFFICES) were actually CAN DO places if you knew the staff. Juss sayin!
reenacting and WWII history

Return to “Legislative Issues”