NOS Ramsey 50r winch for sale.

1950 - 1968, M38, M38A1, M170 jeeps, NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
sjalbert
G-Brigadier General
G-Brigadier General

Re: NOS Ramsey 50r winch for sale.

Post by sjalbert » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:26 pm

Sometimes the IP address will lie if you're on a VPN. I logged into iCloud from my work computer yesterday. The notification I got said that my account was logged into by a computer in Atlanta, GA. I'm in Houston and thought that the work VPN I was connected to is in Huntsville, AL.
Seth
1944 MB 349858, 20620361
1942 MBT 10968 viewtopic.php?f=18&t=149552
1942 MBT 15799, USA 0217497 viewtopic.php?f=18&t=225199
MVPA # 8587
Com / Inst. SMEL
CFII - ASEL
KI5LYB

Collecting Willys Engine Info. Please send me Engine #, Casting Date & Machining Date if known

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:39 pm

sjalbert wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:26 pm
Sometimes the IP address will lie if you're on a VPN. I logged into iCloud from my work computer yesterday. The notification I got said that my account was logged into by a computer in Atlanta, GA. I'm in Houston and thought that the work VPN I was connected to is in Huntsville, AL.
Yes, that's why I stated it's not always bad thing. Again, the OP did say he was in India. :wink:
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevya, Fiddler on the Roof

1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1

2 Timothy 3:1-5

Joe Friday
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Joe Friday » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:40 pm

TBM,

For one, if someone knows they have a RAMSEY 50R Korean War WInch, they could have googled it to find a recent sale. They don't need to ask for a free appraisal here. The last one I saw for $5,000 claimed to be in Los Angeles , but the photos were emailed from Vietnam. The winch was in Arizona, and the "seller" was NOT the owner. He downloaded the photos from someone else's website, and was trying to run a scam.

I'm not saying that every single one is a scam. I did however have a spare at one point in time, and received an email from a potential buyer that claimed to know a friend of mine. Up front he said he had very little money and the winch was for a friend of his with a terminal illness. Unfortunately for him, it wasn't too tough to find him on another website bragging how he had just bought a 50R with the 105A pto and all the parts for $750.

As for having to state a for sale price, the privledge of posting for sale items here is a courtesy provided by the owner of the site. If loyal members want to buy or sell a few items from other members, the owner allows it with certain limitations.

I've been known to loan out original parts and drawings to others so they could document them for the purpose of judging manuals, or in some cases accurate reproductions.
I've had many good experiences with that. I've also have one bad one that caused me to be more careful. My parts not only were lost, but the persons making the repros were gouging members in the hobby.

Although I no longer have time for the hobby, I do appreciate the moderators here so when I do visit, it's not like the wild west like most other sites.
2018 MVPA PIONEER AWARD - MVPA #419

Return to “M38, M38a1 For Sale”