Radio installation kit

M151 General Discussion and Chat Board
m270mlrs2
G-Staff Sergeant
G-Staff Sergeant
Radio installation kit

Post by m270mlrs2 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:41 am

Good afternoon I was wondering if anyone would no a good fair asking price for a complete NOS still in the box radio installation kit. I have a friend who came across one and wants sell it but doesn’t know a fair price. He said it goes with the AN/VRC 53. The kit is complete in the crate. Thanks for any information

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Re: Radio installation kit

Post by W. Winget » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:13 am

Since I have bought and sold many of the bases and some kits, it's (to me.....) a $75-$150 kit depending on completeness. (And I'm usually lowballing my figure based on my sales experience, not the market...) :oops:
I once tossed takeoffs in a dumpster at Fort Riley (after I bought them at DRMO... :!: ) as the box of surplus cables and such was just too much for me to haul home while TDY out there....
It has value, but depends on things like issue date, color of paint (OD or CARC) types of cable fittings if it will blend in with the purchasers project.

Very Likely you can look at Fair Radio Sales and see what they were asking, or other vendors by doing a google search.
Remember if it suddenly comes up for sale, list it appropriately in the For Sale or Auction section per the rules to avoid Forum police angst. :D
V/R W. Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

sjtrucks
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by sjtrucks » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:09 am

I recently purchased a M151 A1 and want to restore/install a HF radio. Functioning Collins military radio sets are going for hundreds, if not thousands on fleaBay!!

I found this article about radio sets that might’ve been used on the M151
https://www.militarytrader.com/military ... eep-radios

For example, the Collins 718U-2, mentioned in that article above seems rare now. There are other variations/copies of the Collins radio - apparently made by the former Yugoslav army that are in the high hundreds but I am not putting a Soviet block made radio in my Mutt 😁

Since I am a ham radio operator, I was thinking of camo painting a regular HF Mobile antenna and installing it along with an older ICOM mobile unit that has analog meters. That way, I will have a functional radio in the Mutt while maintaining the “vintage” look.
- SJ

1950 Willys CJ3A
1966 Ford M151
1997 Toyota LandCruiser

Rickf
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Rickf » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:06 pm

When he decides on a price for that installation kit let me know as I need one. I don't need one made of gold though. :roll:
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Return to “M151 General Discussion Board”