flash light holder

M151 General Discussion and Chat Board
old man
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

flash light holder

Post by old man » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 pm

I have acquired a flash light holder for my m151a2, after looking it over I'm not sure where the proper mounting is for it. also do you have to drill holes for this? or am I way off base here.
thank You for any help
Attachments
001a.jpg
001a.jpg (64.74 KiB) Viewed 3348 times

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Re: flash light holder

Post by W. Winget » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:26 am

Someone may have done it, but it was not an "issue" item for the M151 series vehicle, it went in the Armored Tracked Vehicles.
I say this based soley on me having been there as a Mech Infantry guy, we had MUTTs, M113's and then M2 Bradleys (M60's and M1's around as well)
Only time I saw a flashlight holder was inside an armored vehicle (I think there was one in the turret of the BFV and one for the driver compartment from memory).
Now the clip of the issue angle head flashlight fits very well into the defroster portion of the MUTT windshield, and if you found about 8 expended .50 cal rounds with 10 links you could make a pen/pencil holder that clipped up there between the vents as well, then a 20mm ammo can to hold your BII, log book, etc. with a padlock, used as an arm rest was another gadget trick.
If mounting your flashlight remember where the knees are bouncing, and try to use an existing hole to avoid drilling anything extra.
V/R W Winget
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

Return to “M151 General Discussion Board”