Must have M998 upgrades/modifications?

Humvee modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial field mods

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

PaulM
G-Private
G-Private

Must have M998 upgrades/modifications?

Post by PaulM » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:18 pm

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and also new to M998 ownership.

I've just bought a new truck and I'm getting it looked over before delivery. I also have the chance now to sort any upgrades or modifications before it gets loaded on to a truck and shipped over to me.

Is there anything you think is a must have that needs to be done on an M998 or anything you wish that you had done? My list so far includes:

- 12V socket inside the cabin
- Grounding check/grounding harness installation
- Sun visor kit
- OEM high back seats
- LED headlights

Its current configuration is a four-door with soft top and doors. If there's anything else you think I should have installed or checked out before delivery, it'd be greatly appreciated if you could share it.

Cheers,

PaulM
G-Private
G-Private

Re: Must have M998 upgrades/modifications?

Post by PaulM » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:55 pm

Sorry, should also mention this truck already has a 6.5GEP and I'm having a four-speed transmission fitted to replace the existing three-speed.

Ted Gates
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by Ted Gates » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:34 pm

Paul,

I have a brother in Melbourne. Maybe you know him! lol

Anyway, make sure the high back seats have the correct base rails for the seat base(s) to set upon. Also, the 3 point seat belt kit requires a reinforcement of the B-pillar sail panel (extra plate inside the panel and rivets). If the truck only had lap belts, then chance are the reinforcement was not done yet. Just ask them.

Are you converting it to right hand drive?

Ted

PaulM
G-Private
G-Private

Post by PaulM » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:56 pm

Ted Gates wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:34 pm
Paul,

I have a brother in Melbourne. Maybe you know him! lol

Anyway, make sure the high back seats have the correct base rails for the seat base(s) to set upon. Also, the 3 point seat belt kit requires a reinforcement of the B-pillar sail panel (extra plate inside the panel and rivets). If the truck only had lap belts, then chance are the reinforcement was not done yet. Just ask them.

Are you converting it to right hand drive?

Ted
Ha ha - you never know! Stranger things have happened.

Thank you for that advice. It has three-point belts already fitted, but I’ll get them to triple check this.

At this stage I’ll leave it left-hand drive. Because it’s older than 25 years we can have them on a limited registration without needing to convert them. Part of me would hate to chop up the interior to make it right-hand drive as well, so I’m glad I can keep it the way it is.

Return to “Humvee Modifications”