Rear hatch lock versions

Humvee modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial field mods

Moderator: Kurt Lesser

Hell On Wheels
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Rear hatch lock versions

Post by Hell On Wheels » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:11 pm

I have seen folks trying to figure ways to lock there rear hatches including me. I've seen version using x-door locks but the problem is being able to pull the hatch hard enough to lock.

First Mod: I made my first version using some flat steel and bending it to wrap around the handle and footman loop with a standard lock.

This works pretty good and I've had this for about 8 years. :!:

Second Mod: I decided to use the hatch lock using the key lock. Most key locks go in to far and when drilling the hole it runs into the outer frame of the hatch :idea: . So what I decided was get some flat sheet metal and shape it to place to sit inside the hatch handle and then bend it/shape it 45 degrees into the handle. Then cut the bottom half of the handle frame and welding the sheet metal into place. Instead of trying to figure a way to cut the door lock pattern I decided to cut a door lock using the pattern from a spare x-door handle and welding into place. So I wouldn't have to waste to much time filing a half round hole and trying to figure how to file the flat pieces of flat hole. See the results.

I like this version best. I found a key lock at lowes that can re-keyd to any lock you may have already.
Robert

1966 - M151A1
1986 - M998
2007 - M1102
2009 - H3T

Hell on Wheels https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi_blL ... z7Ukw8gbHg

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Rear hatch lock versions

Post by dilvoy » Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Your original idea may be the best, because at least they would try to break it to get in, but with our key lock designs, they will just go straight to slashing our tires! LOL
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

Action
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Action » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 am

I guess you really cant say it has worked for years unless you know it stopped someone from getting in.

I just used a Master cable lock.

Jason

dilvoy
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by dilvoy » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 pm

Action wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 am
I guess you really cant say it has worked for years unless you know it stopped someone from getting in.

I just used a Master cable lock.

Jason
I just spoke with Miss Cleo and she told me your key code. You'd better get another pad lock! LOL
George D. Paxinos

M998
M1123A2

Return to “Humvee Modifications”