Adjustable drivers seat?

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial WWII field mods NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Deja vu
G-Corporal
G-Corporal
Adjustable drivers seat?

Post by Deja vu » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:02 pm

Starting to get some work done on my 1944 GPW and came to the conclusion I may not fit well in it.

I am 6’7” and 230lbs

Could you not raise the drives seat slightly and that would allow it do go back a bit more as well as lower the angle of the seat allowing more room with out modifying the Jeep?

I have found other topics on this but all the links provided that I have seen so far have been dead

JAB
G-General
G-General

Re: Adjustable drivers seat?

Post by JAB » Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:36 pm

6' 7"! I'm 6', my son is 6' 4" and his friend is 6' 7" I placed a couple of washers under the front feet of the drivers seat to slightly tilt it back. In my opinion I just barely fit. My son is so awkward in it that he doesn't feel safe, as he can't ergonomically get his foot easily on the brake pedal. His son sees that and won't even try to drive it. There are some old posts here about it, some going as far as to cut out the wheel house behind the drivers seat. Have you considered a WC? LOL!
-Jeff

GR8GPN2U!!!

Adam
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Adjustable drivers seat?

Post by Adam » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:46 pm

There are lots of things you can do. If you think raising it will work, try it, DLB sells a kit to move the seat back, you will have to cut and weld and paint. I modified my seat and made my own parts to move the seat back, however with the seat pan over the fuel tank where it belongs there is a big gap between the seat bottom and seat back. Have to fold up a blanket and stuff it in there, Also the hip cushion and side of the body still make it difficult to get in and out of the jeep. I cut the side on my cj2a to solve the in and out problem a little, but did not want to cut the MB. I think there is a post where somebody raised and moved his seat back, back, without cutting anything, did you find that post?
Get an old seat and put it in there and fiddle with it, dom tubing of the right size is available and a big 7/8" bolt shank, I think will fit inside.

Adam

Return to “MB GPW Modifications”