Radio Box conduit installation

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial WWII field mods NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Tim52
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

Radio Box conduit installation

Post by Tim52 » Tue May 12, 2020 9:40 am

Just installed a reproduction radio box and associated conduit. For now it's just for show, I don't have any current plans to connect anything up. My jeep was missing the box but had the conduit hole in the floor.

Purchased the 1/2" EMT elbow fittings and conduit at Home Depot for about $10.

Cut the conduit to about 14 3/4 inches long and bent it up slightly at a point 5 inches from one end to the radio box fitting. Used a vice and some cheater pipe to bent about 15 degrees or so. My conduit bender is out-of-town and this slight bend without it was fine.

Note that it just clears the passenger seat post. Had to loosen the floor bracket and move the seat about 1/2" forward from where I had it.
Attachments
radio box conduit.JPG
CDR USN (RET)
Patrol Squadron 46 "Grey Knights"
Naval Flight Officer
Gulf War Veteran

45 GPW 271750
frame/engine match no data plates (DoD est. July 5 '45)

moneypit
G-Command Sergeant Major
G-Command Sergeant Major

Re: Radio Box conduit installation

Post by moneypit » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:16 am

I'm doing the same thing ! I was an electrical apprentice for a few months back in the 70s . I laughed when i see what people want for a hunk of conduit and a pair of fittings . I bought the box but that could probably be had at a supply house too ! Nice job !
1944 willys mb 1951 m-38 1954 cj-3b "if it's broke i can make it more broke"

Return to “MB GPW Modifications”