WIRING INDICATORS

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial WWII field mods NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Rod Rushton
G-Captain
G-Captain

Re: WIRING INDICATORS

Post by Rod Rushton » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:38 am

Those replacement 12v QH lens and fitted with side lights are made by WIPAC and with just a fairly minor bit of tinkering fit and work very well. I did mine in 2010, and done 8K miles since and always drive with headlights on - Having said that the dipped beam failed last Saturday, but the main bulbs are a standard replacement item,fortunately.
Returning to the post on indicators, I incorporated quite a loud audible beeper indicator in my system - you don't leave them on for very long as they are quite irritating - but at least cyclists and pedestrians can hear it too, plus you don't drive for very far inadvertantly leaving them on...........
From a safety aspect, I have recently bought a pair of very neat 4 led sequential flashing light units, and intend to mount them on each side of the Tow hitch with both flashing together towards the hitch, so as not to be confused as indicators. They are intended to be used permanently, in conjunction with the headlights to draw attention to my relatively slow moving Jeep for traffic approaching from behind, without being taken as direction indicators.
Cheers Fellas
Rod Rushton - Winner 2013 MVT Wilkinson Sword Trophy
Exeter Devon UK
FORD GPW 202055 DoD 5 - 22 - 44 Serial# 20534360
MBT # 25553 DoD 4 - 43
Piper Cub 1944 L4H 480015 G-AKIB

1942 CHEVROLET G506 CARGO. #2NM 213219
1943 AUSTIN LIGHT UTILITY M6448770

AmphibAndy
G-Sergeant First Class
G-Sergeant First Class

Re: WIRING INDICATORS

Post by AmphibAndy » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:06 am

Thanks Rodney. I recall you used to tow a khaki caravan behind your Jeep but that must have been mid 70s ! Thanks for Wipac information. I shall be well set now with the advice given here. Cheers Andrew Honychurch

Return to “MB GPW Modifications”