T90 Clutch bracket to GPW frame

1941 - 1945, MB, GPW modifications, sugestions, and ideas, official MWO's and unofficial WWII field mods NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.
Gunny
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

T90 Clutch bracket to GPW frame

Post by Gunny » Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:52 am

Greetings All,

What modification did you have to do to align the clutch bracket on the GPW frame? It appears that the bracket on the frame needs to be moved back a bit. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated.
The Gunny
One of the Few

1943 Ford GPW

Adam
G-Major General
G-Major General

Re: T90 Clutch bracket to GPW frame

Post by Adam » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:16 pm

Move it rearward 1.250". You used the cj2a crossmember with the deeper drop did u not. Did u redo the body floor at tranny top area or did u lower the crossmember even more with spacers or something.? Then u may have to lower the mount location at least the same as the spacers.

Adam

Gunny
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by Gunny » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:19 pm

The tub is off, haven't modified it yet. I lowered the cross member. My concern is that it's a GPW, so the frame is not open like the MB, will I need to modify the frame as well?
The Gunny
One of the Few

1943 Ford GPW

Adam
G-Major General
G-Major General

Post by Adam » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:50 am

You will need to trim the frame reinforcing there, the hole is teardrop looking, alter it a little, give it some free room so it will not bind if tranny mounts are flexing a little, if tranny and t case and engine are in there, it is easy to locate. Captive nuts should be on the bracket, just drill 2 holes of where you want it.
if u lowered the tranny and the t case sits lower than stock location you will need to lower the bracket that much. Without knowing how u lowered the cross member, as i have seen hack jobs relocating the original cross member brackets, and spacers put in there and what not.
If you have the link from pedal assy, to the z bar, you can check that too, I have not seen any repo that are the correct length and the geometry gets all out of wack.

Adam

Gunny
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by Gunny » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:39 pm

Thank you.
The Gunny
One of the Few

1943 Ford GPW

Return to “MB GPW Modifications”