Political views in signature

Discussion and issues regarding the forums.g503.com message board application website.
Donovan
G-Major
G-Major

Political views in signature

Post by Donovan » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:58 am

I take issue with anyone placing their political views in their signature on a message from them. Signatures should NOT have political views. If someone wants to express their opinion on the upcoming election or event, they should do it in the appropriate forum! I think the Website should expressly state this and enforce it!
My opinion!
Thank you,
Donovan.
GPA 11374

Boyso
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: Political views in signature

Post by Boyso » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:32 pm

I 100% agree, and even more, they should keep it to themselves and leave this forum to talking about MVs. There's enough in the news, the 5min break I get from politics by surfing this forum is nice to have.
44 GPW 231738 10/23/1944
MVPA #36162

W. Winget
LTC, U.S. Army
LTC, U.S. Army

Post by W. Winget » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:08 pm

I disagree in this remark, the pending election for the United States will decide which direction the Nation will head for the next 20 years.

Yes it's that bad....the former State Attorney from your (O.P.) state of California may become President... Joe Biden is just a figure head...

So if you do not like the character and nature of the person posting their opinions, why read that portion.

I disagree with several members of this Forum on their standing on several important matters, but I'm adult enough to just let that go and read the factual information that they may be posting and if I really can't stand someone, there's always the means existent to label them in your system to block or prohibit contact with them.
Looking for 1918 Standard B 'Liberty' truck parts

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:10 pm

I would also like to see members use circumspect regarding signature content but unless it's way out there, I'm not touching it.
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

2 Timothy 3:1-5

raymond
G-General
G-General

Post by raymond » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:07 am

Try the SJC forum. No censorship there. It is a "members only" forum so you will need permission to post there. Send Ernie Baals a message if you're interested.

Raymond
"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Fushigi Ojisan
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by Fushigi Ojisan » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:06 am

raymond wrote:Try the SJC forum. No censorship there. It is a "members only" forum so you will need permission to post there. Send Ernie Baals a message if you're interested.

Raymond
Is SJC the equivalent of The Minefield on Gunboards.com?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

raymond
G-General
G-General

Post by raymond » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:08 am

Not sure, I don't go to gunboards.com.
Am a member at AR15.com though.

Raymond
"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:22 am

Raymond, is that a jeep/military vehicle forum?
Bill H.

"Each shall seek his own kind, in other words, a bird may love a fish but where would they build a home together?" Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

raymond
G-General
G-General

Post by raymond » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:39 pm

Bill H. wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:22 am
Raymond, is that a jeep/military vehicle forum?
AR15.com is a gun related message board

https://www.ar15.com/index.html

Raymond

Bill H.
G Moderator
G Moderator

Post by Bill H. » Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:07 pm

Ah, good ol arfcom! Yeah, no. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wanna buy a T-shirt? http://www.sjcforum.com/
Bill H.

1952 Dunbar Kapple M100
1953 Willys M38A1
1962 AMC M422A1
1965 Stevens M416B1 X 2
1967 Kaiser M715

YLG80
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by YLG80 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:19 pm

W. Winget wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:08 pm
I disagree in this remark, the pending election for the United States will decide which direction the Nation will head for the next 20 years.

Yes it's that bad....the former State Attorney from your (O.P.) state of California may become President... Joe Biden is just a figure head...

So if you do not like the character and nature of the person posting their opinions, why read that portion.

I disagree with several members of this Forum on their standing on several important matters, but I'm adult enough to just let that go and read the factual information that they may be posting and if I really can't stand someone, there's always the means existent to label them in your system to block or prohibit contact with them.
Hi,
1- This is what is written on the G503 home page :
"Everything you always wanted to know about military vehicles, the WWII military jeep and green things in general... . Full stop!

2- When I surf on G503, I'm more concerned by what will happen to my Military Vehicle during the next 20 years :lol: .

3- Fortunately for such a high value added forum, G503 is accessible on a worldwide scale...not only in the U.S..

4- Many G503 users registered on G503 are not located in the U.S.. That's a matter of fact shown by the stats.
stats_countries-G503.png

5- You cannot ignore that beliefs are often triggering disputes.
So that's a major reason to refrain publishing over politics, religion etc.... As mentioned by Raymond, there are other forums to do that.

6- I hope that the G503 forum will continue to target knowledge sharing and facts rather than sharing beliefs or opinions. Sorry I'm an engineer :wink:
...there's always the means existent to label them in your system to block or prohibit contact with them.
This will be the best guarantee for the forum to continue to exist ... during the next 20 years without loading too much Ron and the moderators!

My 2 euro cent.
Yves
Ford GPW 1943 - Louisville - DoD 12-7-43
serial 164794

Chuck W.
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by Chuck W. » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:05 am

Try the SJC forum. No censorship there. It is a "members only" forum so you will need permission to post there. Send Ernie Baals a message if you're interested.
Is that the one in the club board listing on this forum?

DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by DDTrustee » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:52 am

I'm with Winget on this one......Like it or not the MV hobby in the U.S. feeds on and with and is closely connected with the gun and firearms hobby in the U.S.A. If you like B and H be sure an paint your cannon barrels and and the MGs on your armored vehicles pink so you don't create some micro aggressions toward one of Calli Harris' friends. This hobby will be lesser for their election in spades. Fake is not in my collection; Harris and the left will try and make it so to the detriment of the U.S. MV hobby.
My Opinion and I approve of this message.
And BTW - you can ignore me and this message if you like - I'm not offended in the least :mrgreen:

Politics are important to this hobby and that should never be forgotten - elections have consequences that filter down even to the MV hobby. Sticking your head in the sand because you dislike the discourse elsewhere is no an effective remedy for the din.
reenacting and WWII history

raymond
G-General
G-General

Post by raymond » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:12 pm

DDTrustee wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:52 am
I'm with Winget on this one......Like it or not the MV hobby in the U.S. feeds on and with and is closely connected with the gun and firearms hobby in the U.S.A. If you like B and H be sure an paint your cannon barrels and and the MGs on your armored vehicles pink so you don't create some micro aggressions toward one of Calli Harris' friends. This hobby will be lesser for their election in spades. Fake is not in my collection; Harris and the left will try and make it so to the detriment of the U.S. MV hobby.
My Opinion and I approve of this message.
And BTW - you can ignore me and this message if you like - I'm not offended in the least :mrgreen:

Politics are important to this hobby and that should never be forgotten - elections have consequences that filter down even to the MV hobby. Sticking your head in the sand because you dislike the discourse elsewhere is no an effective remedy for the din.
Well said :!:

Raymond

raymond
G-General
G-General

Post by raymond » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:13 pm

Chuck W. wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:05 am
Is that the one in the club board listing on this forum?
Yes it is, and we believe in freedom of speech :idea:

Raymond

Return to “Forums.g503.com”