Can't amend or add to a post???

Discussion and issues regarding the forums.g503.com message board application website.
Chuck Lutz
Gee Addict

Re: Can't amend or add to a post???

Post by Chuck Lutz » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:01 am

Chris... we'll have to agree to disagree on the value of keeping "bad intel" around for the future.

We have come a long way with Lloyd's MB books and the constant stream of data from Tom's trips to the Benson archives or the recent addition of those Ford drawings.

Those three have done a LOT to add to the gee, but I believe that the ability to access our old posts far exceeds the loss of info from a rare departure such as Farrell chose to make and his deletion of info almost exclusively regarding canvas.

Thanks for listening to the membership voicing their opinions on things!
Chuck Lutz

GPW 17963 4/24/42 Chester, PA. USA 20113473 (USA est./Tom W.)
Bantam T3-C 1947

AZ Jeff
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by AZ Jeff » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:08 am

I understand the "information loss" aspect of this issue... but as someone who sells on these boards I now only have the option of posting a separate reply to indicate that a change in content has occurred -- "SOLD", "XX left" etc., and no way to put SOLD in the title (and thereby avoid folks having to read a string of messages ...only to find out the item is sold!!!

Jeff Q.
AZ

Chance
G-Second Lieutenant
G-Second Lieutenant

Post by Chance » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:32 am

Is it possible to restore posts from a Gee member who has executed a mass delete?

Any triggers available to you, by user, which could raise a flag that someone is in the midst of stripping out forum threads of their content?

The inability to go back and edit ones post for clarity or to correct otherwise erroneous information (as others have indicated here) is definitely a hamstring for all of us.

*I understand the difficulties you are dealing with here in managing this for all. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chance
1943 - January | Willys MB "Skimpy" | Frame No. #203301
1943 - January | Willys MB-T | Serial No. 21488

wgtactical
G-Major
G-Major

Post by wgtactical » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:46 am

AZ Jeff wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:08 am
I understand the "information loss" aspect of this issue... but as someone who sells on these boards I now only have the option of posting a separate reply to indicate that a change in content has occurred -- "SOLD", "XX left" etc., and no way to put SOLD in the title (and thereby avoid folks having to read a string of messages ...only to find out the item is sold!!!

Jeff Q.
AZ
Definitely is a problem and as a result, any new ads I place are via links to another site (where I do have control over my content)

Shame it's come to this.
http://www.youtube.com/OSMWI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.osmwi.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
M114 Modified, turret, VORTEC
M114 Modified, camo, 5.7 TBI
M114A1E1 FULL Restoration
M715 FULL CUSTOM
M548A1
V-100 FULL CUSTOM

GCSO M114 SWAT
GCSO LAV-150 SWAT
SCSO LAV-150 SWAT