G503 Surface Zero Double pics

Discussion and issues regarding the forums.g503.com message board application website.
Dave M38A1
Sergeant Major of the Gee
Sergeant Major of the Gee

G503 Surface Zero Double pics

Post by Dave M38A1 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:33 pm

I uploaded some photos to my album and accidentally hit enter twice. Now I have double of 3 photos.

How can I delete a photo so I don't have duplicates?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave M38A1
1953 M38A1
1964 USMC M38A1
M274 A5 Mule (Pepe')
64 CJ5
97 TJ Wrangler (Son's Ride)

Carsten
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Re: G503 Surface Zero Double pics

Post by Carsten » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:23 am

Hi,

I also have several duplicates and old photos I would like to delete, but I can't find any delete function. There is nothing in the "Edit Photo" menu.

Does anyone know how this is done?
Carsten
Nyborg, Denmark

zepher11
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Post by zepher11 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:47 am

I've had the same problem. I have learned that once one uploads photos, the screen must be refreshed or the old photos will remain and get posted a second time. One will also have to refresh their screen after the photos are posted in order to see them, or it will appear the photos are not there and human nature is to reload them again...the cycle continues...

I think deleting a photo is virtually impossible...as well as establishing a new folder. I contacted the moderators about new folders, and they were looking into it, but that was a couple months ago. No word. I post a lot of photos and use different folders. Eventually, I'll get pissed and not post photos any longer because it's too cumbersome. I have enjoyed posting over the years and documenting projects, but now it's becoming work vs. fun... I think I'm probably the second most prolific photo poster on this site...or was...lol I used to think FB was difficult to post to...now it's way simpler than here.
Last edited by zepher11 on Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
Zeph

'42 Script GPW Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

'41 Dodge WC16 Restoration Thread: CLICK HERE!

Carsten
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Carsten » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:56 am

Exactly what happened to me, now I have several duplicates, which I can’t delete. It sounds very strange to me that photos can’t be deleted from Surfacezero.
In fact, this hole way of having to upload a photo to a second website, in order to be able to post them on this website, seems pretty antiquated in 2020. Would be nice to be able to upload directly from a folder on a computer or a smartphone, but I guess that doesn’t come for free...
Carsten
Nyborg, Denmark

Return to “Forums.g503.com”