WARBABY: get 'em while they're hot

1940 - 1941 BRC, MA, GP, Preproduction Prototypes. Knowledge Base NO EBAY or COMMERCIAL SALES.

Moderator: DavidA

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

WARBABY: get 'em while they're hot

Post by Polar Roller » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:29 am

Well, finally, more than a year after I finished actually writing tihs thing I took delivery of these books this morning before dawn in my secret mountain hideout (notice that they are unloaded with my 1941 CLARK forklift featuring a Continental Y112,). SO...we are shipping the first tranche, getting our feet wet, and will be sending these out filling orders already received, or daily, anything that comes in from now on...if you already ordered and gave us your CC don't do it again...if you think we don't have it, just send me an email at spudsatwmspeardotcom

If you just said you wanted a book or books, but didn't actualy order, go to the site and place an order. (please :lol: )

What you see here is what there are. 1000 books...When they are gone I am not sure there would be a second printing. For early adopters like you guys and the Bantam clubs etc there is a special introductory price of. 60 bucks since I have not turned them over to a distributor..In books stores they will be 75. I believe we will number all the books, and glad to sign IF you tell me to..but, I won't sign automatically, because I don't know if it is a gift or you want that etc.

http://warbaby.wmspear.com

Thanks for all the encouaging things you have said, and the help in sorting this story out...Thanks especially to Army Motors for the review...now, help me get these things out if rhe barn so my BRC isn't blocked in! :lol:
Attachments
IMG_9208.JPG
IMG_9208.JPG (161.76 KiB) Viewed 3747 times
IMG_9207.JPG
IMG_9207.JPG (142.57 KiB) Viewed 3748 times

cblynch
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant
Re: WARBABY: get 'em while they're hot

Post by cblynch » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:05 pm

the price on these will skyrocket after all are sold. I guarantee it. remember the Jeep book in a wooden crate?.... try buying one of those!......
The one that dies with the most toys WINS

gerrykan
G-General
G-General

Post by gerrykan » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:17 pm

Just in time for a cold* winters' night of reading.

*Cold being relevant to one's location on the planet, of course.
Roy

19OlllllllO41
G-Sergeant
G-Sergeant

Post by 19OlllllllO41 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:10 am

Just placed my order, can't wait to read it!
1941 Ford GP 16341
1942 Ford GPW 11064
1943 Willys MBT 18901
1948 Willys Pickup
1993 YJ
2005 TJ Rubicon

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Polar Roller » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:37 pm

Well. We sent a bunch out today and yesterday, some by media mail, some by priority mail...let me know when you start getting them...curious to know what the difference in shipping is...international back orders going out tomorrow...might
Have to take a loan out to front the postage! Seriously, I think I could buy a plane ticket to Europe or the UK and carry enough books ti beat the postage! Anyone shipoing a car or container ove there, let me know! Save your 503 Brothers some $.

chasendeer
G-Major
G-Major

Post by chasendeer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:53 pm

Got mine today!! Looks great.
Thanks
Jay

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Polar Roller » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Pretty impressed with the postal service...ONCE you get them into the system...several people got theirs less than 24 hours after mailing...but...getting these things sorted out and in the mail is extremely time consuming..and, I am about to cut off foreign shipments completely until we can find a better way..expensive for you and a bureaucratic nightmare for us... let me know when your get yours, it will help us figure the best way to send etc.

Don't ask for any pre 100 numbers. all gone.

Let me know what you like or don't like here, or in a PM...thanks to all for the orders and interest.
S

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Polar Roller » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:15 pm

Point if infirnation...some have asked. The book number is stamped into the data plate image a page or two in..the signature is on the inside of the hard cover.....

Boyso
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Boyso » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:39 am

How does it work for shipping to Canada? Interested in a copy!
44 GPW 231738 10/23/1944
MVPA #36162

Joe Friday
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Joe Friday » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:59 am

Ohio books arrived yesterday.
Postal carrier was kind enough to throw them in a snowbank next to the front porch rather than the bin that said "Please place packages in bin and close lid""

Since it was 12 degrees out , I just brushed off the snow and took the valuable cargo inside.

I think I'll wait to Christmas morning to open them...
2018 MVPA PIONEER AWARD - MVPA #419

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Polar Roller » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:56 am

I thought Joe Friday was an LA cop?! What's he doing freezing his butt off in Ohio?

Shipping to Canada. We do it, but, charge you actual costs of shipping. Check the 60 dollar one and we will tell you what it is before we charge your card, or send you a Pay Pal note as to the final amount.

It is scary how expensive it is to send a book across an ocean...Like more than the cost of the book.

I am working on a deal where I can send some over in a container so they can be mailed domestically in the UK...may take longer, but, the book will still be just as interesting :~) If you are in the UK and are holding off because of the cost of shipping, drop me a PM or off the warbaby site...and we can get a list together.

Joe Friday
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by Joe Friday » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Well, as of an hour ago, it is LA area anyway. Victorville till Christmas.

It was really a tough decision t leave the book home...
2018 MVPA PIONEER AWARD - MVPA #419

artificer
banned

Post by artificer » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:19 pm

sfeeney[at]cfrrinkens.com
Affordable shipping worldwide
John GIBBINS Member Institute of Automotive Mechanical Engineers [Ret], ASE Master Medium/Heavy Truck & Auto Technician USA -2002 Licensed Motor Mech NSW MVIC 49593 Current 2015
TO DIAGNOSE, TROUBLESHOOT OR FAULT FIND ANY AUTO SYSTEM....
Understand how system parts interact with one another. GOOD parts can then be established & the NOT GOOD problem/s part/s isolated for repair or replacement.

Cairo
G-Sergeant Major
G-Sergeant Major

Post by Cairo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:16 am

Mine arrived yesterday--what a nice, hefty tome! I love the way the book is numbered, as well. It's technically a Christmas present to me from my son, so I'll have to wait until next Sunday to really have a thorough look at it. But I can tell that I'll be savoring this book for a long time. (I've also ordered a copy for our university's library.) Thanks again to Mr. Spear for pulling together this life's work of important scholarship in such an attractive format.

Merry Christmas to All,

Bill
42 GPW
44 MB
45 MB
46 CJ-2a Column Shift
42 Bantam T-3

Weren't they all running the last time they were parked?

Polar Roller
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by Polar Roller » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:43 am

Thanks Bill...There is plenty of winter reading in there for sure! It is definitely hefty! I felt I had to put everything in to make it a really complete coverage of the subject, which is also why I did not take it to an editor or publisher who would have insisted that there was too much detail "for the average reader" and cut out a lot of detail we consider crucial. I tried and rejected the "reads like a novel/best seller" approach ten years ago because it required me to attribute character and suggest motives (even more than I do here :~)). I figure that if someone wants to make a drama out of it, it is there..and indeed, I understand someone is already adapting it to a screenplay for a feature movie.

On the other hand, I also tried to organize it so you don't get swamped and can pick and choose what you want to read about...and I treat some of the subjects in the appendices like almost short magazine articles so they don't bog down the narrative story...Some will want to know about why the Hercules engine that was ultimately rejected and some will be satisfied just to know that it was considered and not used.

And wow, great that you are putting a copy in the library..bottom line that has been my motive all along...(besides finding out for myself what was what) is to get the story 'out there', even if it is only in a few hundred copies. Over the years I am sure there will be enhancements or, perish the thought, refutations of some of my findings, but at least there is now a place to start and a small body of knowledgeable people like 503ers to call foul on the laziest of future journalists and bloggers anyway...

I just added a "comments" section to the WARBABY web page..feel free to post comments or questions...
http://warbaby.wmspear.com/comment/

Return to “BRC MA GP Prototypes”