Shipping prices on ebay

M274 Mechanical Mule Wanted, For Sale (NO AUCTION or EBAY), and Knowledge Base
Auto Shop teacher
G-Lieutenant Colonel
G-Lieutenant Colonel
Shipping prices on ebay

Post by Auto Shop teacher » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:51 am

While most sellers are in the ballpark as far as shipping costs go, there are some that are just over the top on what they want to ship their item. Here is a good example. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Military-Surpl ... t-&vxp=mtr

I have my idea who this seller is but sheesh, this is ridiculous, (almost FIVE TIMES the selling price for shipping on an oil filter) really?

DDTrustee
G-Lieutenant General
G-Lieutenant General

Re: Shipping prices on ebay

Post by DDTrustee » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:29 am

its a variation of "BAIT AND SWITCH" called "BAIT AND SHIP" LOL But, shipping has gotten ridiculous. FedEx dimensionalizes everything.....so a box full of feathers costs as much to ship as a box of regular stuff.....they measure the box and you pay by the volume of the box......until the stuff weighs more than the 'average' box of stuff' and then they use the weight to calculate fees.....The Post Office is now the best bet for shipping lightweight stuff. Heavy stuff is still a bi*tch. air freight is still generally based on weight alone because the planes are never stuffed full.
reenacting and WWII history

mule270
G-Corporal
G-Corporal

Post by mule270 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:13 am

Agreed. That company (cough-cough) is really high with shipping prices. This seems strange to me since Ebay charges the seller 9% of that shipping amount! :shock:

muleman7
G-First Lieutenant
G-First Lieutenant

Post by muleman7 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:21 am

I checked with the seller and made an offer to purchase in quantity and the reply came back from Dave with Eastern Surplus & Equipment Co. I went to their Web and they have several Mule items listed.
Mules are my passion
www.m274armymules.com

ccandgc
G-Colonel
G-Colonel

Post by ccandgc » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:33 am

Fleabay needs to fix its automatic shipping calculator. I think some sellers like it because more often than not, buyers are overcharged.
-Chad

Return to “Mule M274”